Hampton Football 2020

uknoit2

1 hour ago, JMorton said:

They have had those signs up for years. My son was on one when he was in eighth grade and he will be a senior this coming year. I would call it advertising more than recruiting. 

From what I hear,They've upgraded. Tis what it tis,

On 5/17/2020 at 9:56 PM, RodgerDodger32 said:

Off topic but, South Greene promoted Shawn Jones back to head coach. Joe Case, former head coach at West Greene, has joined him as an assistant. 

Scotty Verran is now the head coach at West Greene....crazy times in Greene County 

I hate to hear that. We have played a Scotty coached team for years...I always looked forward to seeing and talking to to him.

I heard Scotty had some health issues....I hope not. But, that's apparently not the reason he stepped down at SG if he's now coaching at WG.

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 5:45 PM, IMDog said:

I've got something on a different note,why is there an Elizabethton city school billboard in Valley forge saying want to be a champion come on down in so many words or less, is this not recruiting tool,just wondering? You guys may have already discussed this I've been away for quite a while

If I was working for Elizabethton and I wanted to recruit a stud from the county,  I'd pay him a visit and bring the gold ball with me.  I'd let him touch it, rub it,  and give it a Joe biden sniff.  May even let him kiss it :lol:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, THE KING said:

Who needs a sign when you have a gold ball? :grin:

Win baby!Win!!!That does it.If your team has the potential and a coach who gets it done kids come to play.Color it how you want,call folks cheaters if you want to but if they were coming to your school you would still show up on Fri nights to watch football.The teams that are in the mix year in and year out have outside players coming in.I am not a huge fan of the transfer thing but you cant change it so enjoy it!It is what it is.KING you nailed it.Show them that shiny Ring.

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

Win baby!Win!!!That does it.If your team has the potential and a coach who gets it done kids come to play.Color it how you want,call folks cheaters if you want to but if they were coming to your school you would still show up on Fri nights to watch football.The teams that are in the mix year in and year out have outside players coming in.I am not a huge fan of the transfer thing but you cant change it so enjoy it!It is what it is.KING you nailed it.Show them that shiny Ring.

Without the kids they got from several other schools, they would not had a chance to start with. Now that they have the Gold ball,it might help a little,not all that much though,they were already getting lots of outside help.  Do hate that they diminish the other county schools. You only have so much in these small schools.

4 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Remember in 1988 when Ric Flair recruited Barry Windham away from fat boy dusty Rhodes and lexy luger??  After that, he became a kiss stealin wheelin dealin,  limousine ridin, jet plane flyin son of a gun and they kissed all the girls worldwide and made them cry!!  Wooooooooooooooo

55 minutes ago, harley04 said:

is game one gonna happen, heard FB practice will resume with only 10 counting coach, how is that possible. can't even hold blocking dummy. 2020 Could be year underdogs wins state except 3a. :grin:

Can be groups of 10.  We don't have but 2 groups anyway,most of them are so weak they couldn't hold a blocking dummy anyway. Think they've all got MYCORONA.