Hampton Football 2020

uknoit2

3 hours ago, Jim1972 said:

Well at least you two make sense.New facilities,Great Coaching,and playing on TV regularly and then playing for Gold.Recipe for any family or player looking to be part of a successful program.Why would ANYONE question ones motives??Its part of it we have to just get used to it.Looking down ones nose and making accusations as some do doesn't help their cause.Rules are in place and if they are followed who are we to criticize??My apologies UKoit2 I have read enough of this crap all year and seen EVERY thread ruined because of it I over reacted on your thread.Good luck to Hampton.

Gaining talent from other schools is not nearly as natural as some try to make it. Certain schools work at it hard and they are blessed with the needed resources to draw um in. But in the end ,if its whats best for the kids and parents,its all good.

Edited by pujo
hgyhgg

35 minutes ago, pujo said:

Gaining talent from other schools is not nearly as natural as some try to make it. Certain schools work at it hard and they are blessed with the needed resources to draw um in. 

Some places are absolutely doing more than anything natural to get kids. A lot of places are just always going to have a natural draw. There would be ways to curtail both but it will never happen. Still too many people who believe in the if you cant beat em join em strategy. First of all if you are transferring your kid claiming you are " putting your child in a better situation to succeed " just because you think  they can eventually get that preferred walk on at South West Wyoming tech junior college your priorities as a parent are jacked up.

The people who say all you have to do is "work harder" frustrate me. We work our tails off here but unfortunately we are 25 minutes from Gatlinburg Pittman HS. They have MULTI Million $ facilities with an endless budget to get whatever they want. They have more coaches than we typically have players. It makes me mad to lose kids to them but its also hard for me to blame parents or kids for wanting to go there...BUT they aren't working any harder than we are they are just blessed to be in one of the wealthiest areas of Tennessee. 

6 hours ago, old24eagle said:

Yep..we got a lot from The Big 10 conference states. Illinois is about to catch up with Ohio here. Alot of em come in here and try to tell us how crappy everything is here compared to "up north" but for some reason they never go back??

Cost of living is what it boils down to.  Go north and make that big money and then head down south and live like a "King".

8 hours ago, Jim1972 said:

Well at least you two make sense.New facilities,Great Coaching,and playing on TV regularly and then playing for Gold.Recipe for any family or player looking to be part of a successful program.Why would ANYONE question ones motives??Its part of it we have to just get used to it.Looking down ones nose and making accusations as some do doesn't help their cause.Rules are in place and if they are followed who are we to criticize??My apologies UKoit2 I have read enough of this crap all year and seen EVERY thread ruined because of it I over reacted on your thread.Good luck to Hampton.

No sweat & thank you....My feelings are rarely hurt on here.

It does seem like HS football (in some areas) is becoming more like college (Bama, Clemson, etc) where the best players do flock to get exposure. But two things: this isn't college football and there's not a dang thing to be done about it in either. I do tire of hearing the chest thumping of programs that pull in 3,4,5+ studs every year and belittle other programs as weak that do not get 2 transfers in a decade, if that, but play year after year with talent from their own pond (football, basketball, baseball). I do tho understand the need for some programs to "attract" the best players possible in their areas as that's the only hope most have of playing for the gold, growing their program and keep the $$$$$ rolling in.

16 hours ago, Jim1972 said:

Rules are made to be broken.  Ain't that what we've been doing since the begin of time. 

28 minutes ago, crow said:

Had a short meet up, thanks for the help. I got his number now. 

Ole 91 is first class

Now, for Monday night, let me know what you think of the University High Bucs! It was a pleasure sending them your way...It'll be interesting to see how they conduct themselves at the reservation. I kinda hope they get on a roll cause they are entertaining when they're putting on a show 

1 hour ago, uknoit2 said:

Ole 91 is first class

Now, for Monday night, let me know what you think of the University High Bucs! It was a pleasure sending them your way...It'll be interesting to see how they conduct themselves at the reservation. I kinda hope they get on a roll cause they are entertaining when they're putting on a show 

Kinda hoping to get y’all actually lol.