Meigs County Football 2020

Yeti

I am extremely proud of Will Meadows. Didn’t get much burn his freshman year. His sophomore year, he had an opportunity to play when the starting RB went down, but he got hurt also. He worked extremely hard during the spring and summer before his junior year to get in shape. He ran for 1000 yards with Aaron getting the majority of the carries. The fruits of his work ethic are evident in this nomination.

46 minutes ago, ElGoat said:

I am extremely proud of Will Meadows. Didn’t get much burn his freshman year. His sophomore year, he had an opportunity to play when the starting RB went down, but he got hurt also. He worked extremely hard during the spring and summer before his junior year to get in shape. He ran for 1000 yards with Aaron getting the majority of the carries. The fruits of his work ethic are evident in this nomination.

Yeah, I thought he would have a 1500-2000 yard season in the pre season. Missing first game due to tracing, then Clinton forfeiture and now Cosby forfeit has really hurt my case for 2000. He will still easily get 1500 though by end of season.

54 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Yeah, I thought he would have a 1500-2000 yard season in the pre season. Missing first game due to tracing, then Clinton forfeiture and now Cosby forfeit has really hurt my case for 2000. He will still easily get 1500 though by end of season.

He most definitely should reach 1500 yds. It’s all about winning in the playoffs though!!! If that means feeding Will 30+ times or slinging the pigskin around the yard, let’s do it and advance!! I’m confident in our coaching staff and players. 

45 minutes ago, ElGoat said:

He most definitely should reach 1500 yds. It’s all about winning in the playoffs though!!! If that means feeding Will 30+ times or slinging the pigskin around the yard, let’s do it and advance!! I’m confident in our coaching staff and players. 

I'm extremely glad to see all the passing weve done lately. It will really help in the playoffs when people are scheming.

5 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

I'm extremely glad to see all the passing weve done lately. It will really help in the playoffs when people are scheming.

Yessir. Certainly good knowing that we can do it. I 100% trust Coach Fitz and Coach Cam with the offense. All of the coaching from the stands gets on my nerves! (definitely not accusing you of anything, so please don’t think that). Like I said earlier, I am ready for next Friday night!

3 hours ago, ElGoat said:

Yessir. Certainly good knowing that we can do it. I 100% trust Coach Fitz and Coach Cam with the offense. All of the coaching from the stands gets on my nerves! (definitely not accusing you of anything, so please don’t think that). Like I said earlier, I am ready for next Friday night!

I believe the Tigers will be more than ready for whomever they face. 

Will is an outstanding athlete and I feel he will be one of the 3 finalist.

I agree with yeti. Its good to see them spread the ball around, throw it a little more, and show some different looks.

Its going to be hard for Will to run for success when these good defenses are stuffing the box with 7 and 8.

There are a lot of fans who coach from the stands and a lot who dont know basic football rules. Those frustrate me also but when you watch a game and after a few set of downs you can look at the formation and know where the ball is going its difficult to have success. Especially against teams with equal talent and athletes. 

We completed 1 pass against Oneida. Can't forget that one either. Thats not going to work against H2O, TC, or Peabody.

Its good to see them doing more lately. I hope they continue to open it up to keep defenses off balance.

3 hours ago, Tiger2 said:

I believe the Tigers will be more than ready for whomever they face. 

Will is an outstanding athlete and I feel he will be one of the 3 finalist.

I agree with yeti. Its good to see them spread the ball around, throw it a little more, and show some different looks.

Its going to be hard for Will to run for success when these good defenses are stuffing the box with 7 and 8.

There are a lot of fans who coach from the stands and a lot who dont know basic football rules. Those frustrate me also but when you watch a game and after a few set of downs you can look at the formation and know where the ball is going its difficult to have success. Especially against teams with equal talent and athletes. 

We completed 1 pass against Oneida. Can't forget that one either. Thats not going to work against H2O, TC, or Peabody.

Its good to see them doing more lately. I hope they continue to open it up to keep defenses off balance.

Yeah, the defenses that actually manage to slow us down have been the ones who load the box really, or scheme Will. But whenever that's happened we have been able to run Caywood with ease at nearly 9 TDs a carry also Carroll has had alot of success when they are doing that. #2 and #34 have been phenomenal this year about getting it done. I hope no one thinks I've been trying to coach from the stands as that isnt the case lol. I have just seen many times where we could immediately stop them loading the box with a pass or two to open it up. #7, #15, #26, #34 have all proven to be reliable pass catchers. To me being able to mix it up in the playoffs against a good defense will be what can get through in a nail biter.