Franklin County Athletic Director Accountability

gypsyroad

I'm sure interviews are going on now for the head football coaching position at FC and it has been a revolving door for years. Im assuming the coaches are chosen mostly by the AD and principal and seem to be tossed aside like an old set of tires. When does it become the responsibility of the AD and principal for theses choices and they be held accountable? Is it really a coaching problem or is it the ones choosing the coaches? What do you think? 

Edited by gypsyroad

2 hours ago, gypsyroad said:

I'm sure interviews are going on now for the head football coaching position at FC and it has been a revolving door for years. Im assuming the coaches are chosen mostly by the AD and principal and seem to be tossed aside like an old set of tires. When does it become the responsibility of the AD and principal for theses choices and they be held accountable? Is it really a coaching problem or is it the ones choosing the coaches? What do you think? 

The current administration has been responsible for 1 hire. How do you feel they are to blame for the "revolving door" of coaches?

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, FCDad said:

The current administration has been responsible for 1 hire. How do you feel they are to blame for the "revolving door" of coaches?

It has been a revolving door for years and that needs to end. I'm simply asking when do the ones doing the hiring have the blame pointed at them? How many hires does that take? It needs to be seriously thought out this time and stick with it.

I don't see the point you are trying to make here. How is an administration who has been there long enough to make ONE HIRE to blame for the fact that there have been several coaches come and go BEFORE they even got there? And why does there even have to be blame involved? Sometimes coaches moving on, is best for both parties and no one is to blame. However, most don't seem to understand all that goes into a decision like that. Someone HAS to be to blame, and admin just wakes up one morning and says, "I think I am going to fire my coach, and start the fun of finding a new today!" 

10 hours ago, FCDad said:

I don't see the point you are trying to make here. How is an administration who has been there long enough to make ONE HIRE to blame for the fact that there have been several coaches come and go BEFORE they even got there? And why does there even have to be blame involved? Sometimes coaches moving on, is best for both parties and no one is to blame. However, most don't seem to understand all that goes into a decision like that. Someone HAS to be to blame, and admin just wakes up one morning and says, "I think I am going to fire my coach, and start the fun of finding a new today!" 

Simple point: Be very mindful of your choice for a head coach because it is toxic to the program when the decision fails. The 2018 seniors played for 3 different HC's in their high school careers. No matter which administration did the picking then, it has a lot to do with the state of the program now and this choice should reflect that.

I agree that having that many coaches in a short amount of time is not beneficial. However, the previous admin who are responsible are no longer employed at the school or have anything to do with who this new coach will be. It DOES matter who the admin was at that time if you are looking for someone to be held responsible for those decisions. You cant just throw blame on a group of people who had nothing to do with that. The current admin I'm sure wants to be successful and will do what they feel is best for the program. Although, there will always be those who cannot be made happy and think that throwing up their negative opinions on an online forum will magically help the situation.

23 minutes ago, FCDad said:

I agree that having that many coaches in a short amount of time is not beneficial. However, the previous admin who are responsible are no longer employed at the school or have anything to do with who this new coach will be. It DOES matter who the admin was at that time if you are looking for someone to be held responsible for those decisions. You cant just throw blame on a group of people who had nothing to do with that. The current admin I'm sure wants to be successful and will do what they feel is best for the program. Although, there will always be those who cannot be made happy and think that throwing up their negative opinions on an online forum will magically help the situation.

Absolutely nothing magical or negative was meant by any of this. But we have to learn from our past or we will repeat it. I'm ready to see FC football back to where it belongs and tired of the other teams saying FC stands for "Fire Coach". We are better than that. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 6:05 AM, ecu said:

Can FC or LC ever get back to their glory days? 

No, but for different reasons.

LC is losing its best athletes every year to Fayetteville. If it was still just one county school they would be decent to good most years.

FC just does not have the athletes that their competition does. I know you all think that Jimmy Joe is great but look at your kids and then at the kids playing in Murfreesboro. Just no comparison. I know you don't want to hear or believe that but it is true.