Marion County football coach Joey Mathis resigns after four seasons

CoachT

34 minutes ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

That Pruitt man is 2-0 against the Pirates....Jasper is excited for sure. Let’s see if they give him long enough to build them back up to competition status!

He put some fear in the kids when he talked to them today. Things were said that needed to be. Should see a different team next season. I kinda figured the name alone would draw attention but it seems there are some that have already contacted the school about moving. We'll see I guess

23 minutes ago, Pirate2003 said:

True, however the 2 SP teams he faced in 2004-2005 were likely 2 of the worst SP teams we’ve had in the last 20 years. It’s a little different this time around. 

2004 team was but the 2005 team was 10 - 2.  They lost to Jasper that year 13 - 12 at Jasper and lost in the Playoffs to FC 14 to 13.  FC lost to the eventual state champ TC County 28 to 21 the following week.

11 hours ago, PurplePower68 said:

Hahahaha..... the ones that knew, kept quiet. We just watched the meltdown the boys down south were having thinking it was Ross.

Touché 

9 hours ago, Southtowner said:

When did you know?  SPHS09 filled me in about the hire on Jan 18.  

PP68 interviewed him

9 hours ago, TheBlackPearl said:

Yep

Where have you been?  Glad to have you posting a little again. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

I won't be on too much. I just followed the coaching search a little.

May get back on during spring practice. 

LRDAO... You jailhouse fellars headed back to the fiery gizzard? We been missing feuding.  We had to feud with the GB fellars all last year.  You think im joking but im not. 

A couple of things I like about Pruitt is he’s a old school kind of guy and he will flat tell little Billy’s dad and mom don’t be trying to kiss my butt, it’s not going to work! He don’t care what your last name is or where you live, you don’t give 100% and don’t know what you’re doin you will not start!

10 hours ago, PurplePower68 said:

You'll hear plenty. Some wont like the hire simply because of what happened when he left. Not to downplay it any either. Serious stuff.

Must have cleared all that up because he is currently DC at Cape Coral High School. 
No such baggage with Pruitt. Great man. Great coach. Hiring him takes the stinger out of some of us in the south,  because of great respect for Coach Pruitt. 

• Upvote 1