Marion County football coach Joey Mathis resigns after four seasons

CoachT

1 hour ago, Southtowner said:

How did you feel about him getting an interview? 

I was shocked really but I would've been more shocked if he had gotten the job. I started following this when Coach Mathis stepped down just to see what people would say. It would be hard to find a better man than Joey and it's tough to see him go but you cant blame him for what he was offered. Coach Mathis helped a lot of kids get to the next level that may not have had the chance with different staff. I believe the paper said 13 or 14 kids in his 4 yrs received scholarships, and just recently had one offered a walk on at UT. That's not too bad for such a small school.

I am happy with the hire and the plan that's been talked about being put in place. There are a lot of opportunities for our kids the next few years.

Edited by PurplePower68

4 hours ago, Roy Dillard said:

LRDAO... That man at Ronnies red eye told me only reason the SOS didnt get it was because the little league was still bankrupt from his first stop.  You think im joking but im not. 

That Pruitt man is 2-0 against the Pirates....Jasper is excited for sure. Let’s see if they give him long enough to build them back up to competition status!

9 minutes ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

That Pruitt man is 2-0 against the Pirates....Jasper is excited for sure. Let’s see if they give him long enough to build them back up to competition status!

True, however the 2 SP teams he faced in 2004-2005 were likely 2 of the worst SP teams we’ve had in the last 20 years. It’s a little different this time around.