Bradley Central have you no class?

UCSportsFan

Man I don’t even know what to say, but I guess that’s what you want.  You call someone a liberal hack and reference MSNBC and CNN, yet you started this thread like the Bearettes did something wrong.  That seems like the Democratic mentality to me.  They played a game and won.  Had Reuter kept the starters in and pressed longer the score would have been MUCH higher.  As for things to make the game shorter there were multiple possessions with multiple passes as well as missed Bearette shots.  

I didn’t leave the Jim that night thinking we had accomplished some great feat, and I can assure you that Reuter didn’t either.  Unfortunately that was the competition we had for the night and that was the result.  The times that the team went into multiple passing mode the defense was aggressively on them playing hard defense.  Maybe you would prefer our girls just turn the ball over and fold.  BUT that’s not our mentality.  We didn’t cry when Westlake pounded us in Naples.  We simply went back to work and beat #6 nationally Tampa Tech the next game.  That’s how it works.  

If I had to guess I’d say that sometime in the past the Bearettes stomped you and you are just angry and bitter.  

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

I got you dad, no it’s not upward ball it’s high school girls basketball. No one is taking enemy fire or having to duck because we have incoming, I get that. It’s 14-18 year old girls playing.  Do you get that playa?  I’m sure Marion County will be just fine but I’ve got zero respect for a coach that would allow his players to do that in a game. I’ve been in the same situations and I never allowed that.   

Enemy fire:  I never said it was combat.

”Playa”:  Really?

Same situations:  How did you handle it Coach Geno?

• Like 1

I don't know much about this game but I do know that most of the time when this happens the bench players have to score ALOT of points.   We had similar games with Jackson Co.  last year where our bench played 3 qtrs of the game.   But I remember that we specifically did not go over 100 on purpose.  I guess that is showing them mercy but the final score was just a difference of talent level that you really can't control.   When your bench players get in the game, how do you not want them to have success?   Scores like this should only happen when teams are just that over matched.  I think the game should have never been played especially with BC coming of state championship.   But I don't blame it on BC.  Its more on the Marion coach in my opinion.  You have to know what your team is capable of and if you aren't capable of scoring 40 on the defending AAA state champs then you probably shouldn't schedule that game.   Take a look at Valor Collegiate scores.   I mean some teams are just that bad.

• Upvote 1

I don't like it when teams run up the scores, but can't say anything about it either. It happens in all of sports across the country and state. 

Look at Oakland's football team. (An actual game that could be controlled and not run the score up.) They beat some new school 86-14. Had no business playing them. Beat Coffee County 80-6. Oakland called the dogs off early. The biggest thing here now is, it's up to the other team to stop the freshman or jv squad that is in the whole 2nd half. No ones fault now except the opposing team. When you have JV and freshman in.

That being said, any team that is ahead by a long shot, no one in this world would expect to see players that never gets to play much or rides the bench all season long to lay down and play dead. They'll play their hearts out. It's their time to shine. 

Bradley shouldn't have scored that much. I do agree, but to say any coach is classless or team when all the players are doing their job is nonsense. 

Some interesting facts about the game to assist the discussion.

Bradley's score by quarter.  

1st-36

2nd-22

3rd-28

4th-14

The score at halftime was 58-6 and at the end of 3 quarters 86-9.  Bradley's regular rotation players played through 3 quarters while mainly freshmen and sophomores played the final quarter.   Bradley forced 45 turnovers while scoring 69 points off of the turnovers.   

The scores of their last 3 games are 

Ooltewah 92-18

Soddy 80-19

Marion 100-14

Unfortunately they are just that much better than these opponents.  It does neither team any good to play games like this.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, bleedblackandgold said:

This thread is absurd.  From what the article says, the coach did not play his starters the entire second half.  His JV players were on the court and there was no press.  Do you want his players to just not shoot? Play monkey in the middle with the other team? That would be less embarrassing? I could see this post being relevant had he continued to play as if it was a tied ballgame- but he clearly did not do that.  If this team scheduled a game with the defending state champions- they had to know what to expect going in the game?  

So said the pot to the kettle.

cleveland raider fan you have no idea what you are talking about. this thread is getting out of hand with post like that. you was not at the game for sure. 1st quarter all starters   with 2 off the bench playing some.2nd quarter starters to start for about 3 to 4 minutes then 2 starters and combination of bench until the half 3rd quarter started with all bench which i call the 2nd 5 players.4 quarter we saw the next 5.and bradleys starting point guard wasnt even at the game. the starting point guard wasnt  the regular starter. i hope someone deletes this thread because from what i see the 1 who started this post and a few others wasnt at this game and have no clue what they are talking about.

h