Big matchups in West TN

dmm88

21 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

To me it would be a disadvantage for them to play slow. Points were hard to come by last night in their half court sets.

It’s Gleasons only chance. You run with Greenfield and it’s a 40 pt ball game. 

If I’m Coach Trevathan now I don’t pull my starters until the opposing team pulls theirs, it’s tournament time.  And if the Gleason girl pinches Tess all night  like the last game I would have a plan because it’s probably going to happen. 

Edited by Greenfieldfan

18 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

It’s Gleasons only chance. You run with Greenfield and it’s a 40 pt ball game. 

If I’m Coach Trevathan now I don’t pull my starters until the opposing team pulls theirs, it’s tournament time.  And if the Gleason girl pinches Tess all night  like the last game I would have a plan because it’s probably going to happen. 

The older sister got a tech last night for something flagrant I believe. Just saying they can play slow when they have to but a lot of their buckets were in transition last night. They may play slow against yow but they are a guard oriented team that is athletic that to me would do well up tempo.

• Upvote 1

Union City vs Dresden

Looking forward to watching my Lady Tornadoes in the big area setting. Wonder how they will handle playing under the pressure of meaningful tournament games. I think they are the 2nd best single-A team in the region. They will have a chance to prove it this week. Jada Williams is a handful for any team and the freshmen Bonds is the real deal. Playing on a longer and wider floor should be to our athletic advantage. Good luck to everyone still playing. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, purplengolduc said:

Union City vs Dresden

Looking forward to watching my Lady Tornadoes in the big area setting. Wonder how they will handle playing under the pressure of meaningful tournament games. I think they are the 2nd best single-A team in the region. They will have a chance to prove it this week. Jada Williams is a handful for any team and the freshmen Bonds is the real deal. Playing on a longer and wider floor should be to our athletic advantage. Good luck to everyone still playing. 

They better learn how to break a press. They didn’t do well against Dyer County against their press the other night. They got talent and the freshman is the real deal and Jada is really good too but UC has to handle the ball better to make a good run, IMO.

38 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

They better learn how to break a press. They didn’t do well against Dyer County against their press the other night. They got talent and the freshman is the real deal and Jada is really good too but UC has to handle the ball better to make a good run, IMO.

Don't look at one game, they handle the press pretty well against most teams not named Greenfield. We will see if Dresden tries to press them. That will probably be the game of the night on Thursday. 

Edited by purplengolduc

11 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Was extremely impressed by the young lady that lit DC up for 30 something Friday night. She was a pleasure to watch.

23 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

No doubt. She is a beast. Turnovers lost that game for UC. If UC can handle ball pressure, they are good as any team in the state.

Yes turnovers hurt especially late in the game when DC opened up a lead, up until then I thought was anyone game. UC is one good ball handler or floor general from being really good.

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

District 13 A tonight. I got Greenfield by 20 over Gleason and Dresden by 6 over Union City.

That would be funny if that happens. Then Union city & Gleason in the consolation game. That will be a crazy game. 4-2 final score, both teams freeze the ball and try to lose. 

But I’ll go with Union City to win tonight. 

Edited by Greenfieldfan

11 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

That would be funny if that happens. Then Union city & Gleason in the consolation game. That will be a crazy game. 4-2 final score, both teams freeze the ball and try to lose. 

But I’ll go with Union City to win tonight. 

At this point I will be surprised if the consolation game isn’t thrown. Better watch it!! Remember the Riverdale fiasco a few years back. GC has to much pride and expects to win every game and would never even think about doing that. We had a chance to do it two seasons ago when Gleason beat yow and yow were number 2 in district and we played two nights later and played full blast.