Eagleton College and Career Academy

BarneySox2007

2 hours ago, Southtowner said:

@BarneySox2007

I understand what you are saying, discussing, debating or whatever term fits.  But I have to say that surely Alcoa is doing what they deem to be in the best interests of Alcoa.  And rightfully so. 

I highly doubt you nor anyone else for that matter from Maryville would or does take kindly to any outsider telling yall what Maryville should do.   Ex.  :  the non stop criticism of why Maryville doesn't go out of State and schedule other state's elite football programs.  

I'd like to see Alcoa play up but it's really not for me to decide.  I'd also like to see Maryville play someone like Louisville Trinity or someone along those lines.

And I say all the above with all due respect for both programs. 

And on a side note,   the band burgers at the Alcoa vs Maryville game were absolutely the best and the student sections for both sides is something to witness along with this rivalry for sure.

I played on the last Maryville team to go out of state and we got a home cooking by the refs and from that first hand experience I never want us to travel out of state for another game. Alcoa experienced pretty much the same thing just a few short years ago in Kentucky. To me watching that game was like a trip back in time when that happened to us.

3 hours ago, HHSFB10 said:

I feel like this is a great metaphor for football in Blount County. Its a thread about a possibly new county football program, and Maryville and Alcoa step in and make it all about them.  

It's about what may happen and how we got to this point more than anything. It will be interesting what happens. Some big issues I see is where will everyone park since a lot of kids drive to school now and what will happen to a failing program like Heritage if you pulled more players away from them. I realize they may drop a level to 5A but right now they couldn't put a .500 record together in 2A.

On 2/14/2020 at 10:05 AM, OldRebel2 said:

I think the football coach as already been picked and he has recruited some top notch assistants.  There are rumors that he wants to restart the Eagleton youth football programs.

As I've been saying the county wants their football players back from Alcoa they won all those championships with. Once they do Mr. Rankin will get on his horse and ride out of town.

man-and-horses-2389833-340.png