Preseason Top Ten in 1A for 2020

FridayMainEvent

2 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

:)

How's West Carroll looking for the upcoming season?  

Also I don't see anyone at this point as a clear outright favorite.  East or West.  

We have our good share of skill players across the board.  What will concern me is what always concerns me and that's line play and our defense overall.  

Plus we have a bit of a coaching shakeup so we will definitely have a bit of a different look there.

So the areas of need for SP are lineman, defense and coaching. Now let’s see what recruiting season brings. :)  

But in all seriousness you guys bring back a lot of talent and will be tough. I did my best last year to put the Ambassador/Huntingdung kiss of death on you guys and it worked. Will try not to do that this year. 

11 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

The 6 that were mentioned came from South Pitt posters. There was a thread last summer that was loooooong.  SP posters talked about all of them by name , where they were from, position played etc. most were not starters but the conversation did happen. Thread got locked and eventually deleted. 

I think that number 6 was kicked out there as a Joke from PowerP or someone like that.  We do crack jokes etc and there are a few things that are "inside jokes" of sorts such as Coalfield's dog.

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

So the areas of need for SP are lineman, defense and coaching. Now let’s see what recruiting season brings. :)  

But in all seriousness you guys bring back a lot of talent and will be tough. I did my best last year to put the Ambassador/Huntingdung kiss of death on you guys and it worked. Will try not to do that this year. 

dont-you-put-that-evil-on-me-gif-10.gif

2 hours ago, Southtowner said:

:)

How's West Carroll looking for the upcoming season?  

Also I don't see anyone at this point as a clear outright favorite.  East or West.  

We have our good share of skill players across the board.  What will concern me is what always concerns me and that's line play and our defense overall.  

Plus we have a bit of a coaching shakeup so we will definitely have a bit of a different look there.

We should be pretty tough. When you only lose 6 seniors from a qtr finals team there will be expectations. But it was a darn good 6 we lost including Mr Bryant 

I'd say our biggest question is who will be our RB

Edited by WarEagleCartman

1 hour ago, rlh said:

I think that number 6 was kicked out there as a Joke from PowerP or someone like that.  We do crack jokes etc and there are a few things that are "inside jokes" of sorts such as Coalfield's dog.

No it was Ambassador. He mentioned everyone of them specifically as they came. He made it clear most were not potential starters. The thread was active the entire summer and many of the SP posters engaged him in the conversation. When OP and Roy started their crying about Greenback the thread livened up and got shut down. 

1 minute ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I’ll do you guys a favor and put you 4th in the polls as the season goes on like most did Lake Co. 

To be honest 4th is not a bad place to start.  I'd say the same top 4 as last year but have reservations on where to actually fit each one in.  

All 4 graduated a really good class.  

1 minute ago, rlh said:

I never had Lake County 4th.  I expected them to be the team from the western bracket.

I had all 4 teams ranked at #1 at some point last year.   After watching Huntingdon at Huntland I knew Lake County had the edge in the West even though I hadn't seen the Falcons play.  

Huntingdon struggled at times with Huntland. I realize teams have an off night but championship caliber teams put teams like Huntland away and never look back.  

Long trip and I think a short week could have played a factor.  But after hearing multiple reports about how big across the line Lake County was , that was a determining factor for me.

3 minutes ago, rlh said:

I never had Lake County 4th.  I expected them to be the team from the western bracket.

1 minute ago, Southtowner said:

To be honest 4th is not a bad place to start.  I'd say the same top 4 as last year but have reservations on where to actually fit each one in.  

All 4 graduated a really good class.  

I had the opportunity to see Lake Co’s Current seniors play a few times since 8th grade. They had 1 loss in 8th grade in the west tn championship against Bellevue middle out of Memphis which is a feeder school for Whitehaven. It was clear that they had tons of skill player talent even in middle school. But what was more impressive was their development size and strength wise. What their coach did with them over 4 years in the weight room was remarkable. If he stays in LC for the long term they will be a very tough and physical squad year in and out. 

2 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I had all 4 teams ranked at #1 at some point last year.   After watching Huntingdon at Huntland I knew Lake County had the edge in the West even though I hadn't seen the Falcons play.  

Huntingdon struggled at times with Huntland. I realize teams have an off night but championship caliber teams put teams like Huntland away and never look back.  

Long trip and I think a short week could have played a factor.  But after hearing multiple reports about how big across the line Lake County was , that was a determining factor for me.

I knew LC would beat Huntingdung. They could match up with Huntingdung in the trenches which is where Huntingdung over powers most teams. But they were also multi-demensional on offense which Huntingdung was not. LC could key in on the run knowing the Stanks had no vertical passing game. Huntingdung had to pick its poison against LC.