AAA Individual State Predictions

TalkingSense

2 minutes ago, oceansize42 said:

Yeah sorry didn't mean to derail the thread quite this far.   On a lighter note the 138 bracket is completely screwy which I gathered is no surprise.  Fisher should have been the two seed with Mann at three but they are both in region 1 so I get it.  What I don't get is how the Knox Halls kid got seeded second with a .583 win percentage.  

there is no second seed. only returning medalists who win their region get seeded. Isbell is the 1 and the rest is random (see the top of 120). it’s really silly. there’s no true seeding and it screws a lot of kids over the years. 

10 hours ago, Wontsumgetsum said:

At least it’s not a pig tail! Like back in the day! Lose and have to see if that guy wins or not! Could be worse.

oh boy. don’t get me started lol. carry through was the worst format ever. you are right. it could be worse

Edited by Bump11

11 hours ago, oceansize42 said:

Yeah sorry didn't mean to derail the thread quite this far.   On a lighter note the 138 bracket is completely screwy which I gathered is no surprise.  Fisher should have been the two seed with Mann at three but they are both in region 1 so I get it.  What I don't get is how the Knox Halls kid got seeded second with a .583 win percentage.  

It’s obvious there is no seeding criteria!    Fisher definitely should have been a 2 seed.   The Only person he lost to this year in the bracket is isbell.  Beating Mann in regionals and he tech willott this year.   The semifinal match on the top should be the championship match!!!!

15 hours ago, texas23 said:

Maybe the SH coach had the perspective that the other coach already knew this was going on.  Maybe that is why he did not bring it to the other coach.

You never assume anything as we both know what that make both me and you.  The coach turned the wrestler into the official and not his school coach because he didn't want him to wrestle.  It's very simple.  

13 minutes ago, cbg said:

You never assume anything as we both know what that make both me and you.  The coach turned the wrestler into the official and not his school coach because he didn't want him to wrestle.  It's very simple.  

And the kid was disqualified for breaking the rules. Agreed very simple to understand.

double elimination was a good step. next step has to be proper seeding. 

i also think going to a 16 man bracket would be smart. have 4 regions divided into 8 districts (2 per region) and have the top 4 per district go to regions and then the top 4 from regions to state. i’ve seen region brackets where some weights have 3 kids. kids getting byes all the way to the finals and it’s crazy. these kids don’t have to earn it they are automatically qualified cause there’s no competition in the region. it’s not very fair to some kids in a stacked weight in a region, that may not make it, but may deserve it more. just my 2 cents! 

Edited by Bump11
  • Like 2