Region 7 A

pioneer42

11 hours ago, GCPioneer said:

I said before the region started that Union City scares me more than Gleason did. Jada Williams and Amari Bonds are both D1 kids. I do think we will be fine though.

Union City is a much better team than Gleason. I know they split but UC beat Dresden 3x and Gleason lost 3x to Dresden.  Union City can get on a roll and be tough to stop if you let Bonds and Williams get rolling. BUT I believe Gibson Co. is going to be headed to the glass house. They are so fundamentally sound and well prepared and coached. Wilkins does an outstanding job. It’ll be interesting to see how Dresden handles Greenfields pressure in the full court. And of course you’ve got to find a way to limit the Jackets big 3. Fun time of year!!!

5 minutes ago, SnoopDogg said:

Union City is a much better team than Gleason. I know they split but UC beat Dresden 3x and Gleason lost 3x to Dresden.  Union City can get on a roll and be tough to stop if you let Bonds and Williams get rolling. BUT I believe Gibson Co. is going to be headed to the glass house. They are so fundamentally sound and well prepared and coached. Wilkins does an outstanding job. It’ll be interesting to see how Dresden handles Greenfields pressure in the full court. And of course you’ve got to find a way to limit the Jackets big 3. Fun time of year!!!

Coach Wilkins may be the BEST I have seen at getting a team ready to play and applying fundamentals. I have watched them practice and they get tired of running because that is what they do when they don’t box out or turn the ball over or etc..UC is a good team no doubt and will be a big challenge for us.  Dresden is a good team as well and it wouldn’t surprise me if they played Greenfield respectable. 

1 hour ago, Greenfieldfan said:

50-45 Gibson County. 
what a game. 

Coach Wilkins is an amazing coach....no starters back from last year's Gold Ball team (Macy Neal was back but she blew out her knee a couple of weeks ago)....I'm sure Greenfield will spank them in the region championship game but they could be headed back to the 'Boro...

Great win for our girls. I'm glad we're getting to play Greenfield again, win or lose. At times during this season, I didn't know if we could get to the championship with the inexperience and injuries but we made it!! Met a lot of Greenfield folks tonight and you have a special group of girls. Next year, the talent levels will get a little closer for the district. After the 1st quarter football game between Dresden & Greenfield, Greenfield took over. That referee crew let them play early. We're thankful to have a chance to get back to the Boro....Wilkins finds a way. Congrats to UC on a great season and I expect them to be battling next year for the top district spot. 

1 hour ago, cofo said:

Coach Wilkins is an amazing coach....no starters back from last year's Gold Ball team (Macy Neal was back but she blew out her knee a couple of weeks ago)....I'm sure Greenfield will spank them in the region championship game but they could be headed back to the 'Boro...

I hope we win, but the one I won’t that GC will pull out all stops would be for a Gold Ball if we met up there. Wilkins made an adjustment and put Sweat on Bonds and GC knew points were a premium and got the ball to Hart every possession. GC played their third tough game this week and you could tell it. They were winded and on the ropes and Union City slowed the game down and GC finally caught enough second wind to finish them off. Gleason and Union City both had us on the ropes and decided to stall it and it backfired both times. Wilkins has lost 8 players that could have all contributed including Macey!!

7 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

Union City had us beat....

Every player for us contributed in their own way and at the end of the game we found a way to win... awesome game!

Gleason and Union City both got a lead and tried to stall and it backfired. Wilkins swapped Sweat to Bonds and it threw a wrench in it. Jada Williams was wore out too and was also face guarding Bass. It was a war that the whole crowd with standing room only got their money’s worth. Union City will be the team to beat next year in 13 A no doubt. Union City definitely had us on the ropes.

I'm glad that defensive adjustment was made at half. I was worried a bit. Bonds had a great first half scoring the ball, but the defensive adjustment of putting Sweat on her slowed her scoring down a lot. 

Union City is going to be really good again next year. They have some very good talent returning on the team next year. Good game tonight!