Never too early....Who wins Class A 2020-21

gogold

6 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Congratulations!!! Y’all better take care of Wilkins and give him a raise. You guys have it going on. 

He deserves it! very proud of the job he has done for our boys and girls basketball programs. He has a brought a passion and love of basketball to our town that used to be just known as a football town. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I agree. I watched Greenfield and Gleason last night and they both played slower than expected. Neither team pressed hardly at all. Greenfield is playing good ball right now.

I fell asleep watching the Gleason/ Greenfield game last night :lol:. Man i cant stand that slow ball but it works in Greenfields favor against their rivals. I would have loved to watch the Greenfield and Union City game tonight. Two very different teams on paper and two contrasting styles going at it. You can tell that Greenfield is improving and playing a lot better as the season is going along. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rebelman101 said:

McKenzie beats Huntingdon tonight 68 to 47. Bennett 18 and Katie Chesser 16 for the Lady Rebels. Tonight was our First district title since 1966! Really impressed with our ability to hit the long ball and creating our own drives to the basket. Tonight was probably Lilly Bennett's best game all year. 

And we beat them for the 3rd time!!!!  I guess all the girls who moved in or were recruited in didn't really help.  

17 minutes ago, Rebelman51 said:

And we beat them for the 3rd time!!!!  I guess all the girls who moved in or were recruited in didn't really help.  

The two sisters moved to Huntingdon. Mom got  a job as a teacher at the middle school. #35 is a great player. Huntingdon has a great team with some young pieces that will be tough to handle when they get to be upper classmen. Brooklyn Williams is there best player this year and they will certainly miss her presence once she graduates.

6 hours ago, Rebelman51 said:

You must be one of the 50 year olds that paints his face, waves the flag and sits in the student section. McKenzie’s official mascot.

First half was sloppy and I think we came out trying to play too fast.  At half time, we came out looked to be more controlled.  What really got us going was Katie Chesser coming off the bench and nailing two 3’s back to back.  That started it.  Bennett did a great job of splitting defenders or pulling up and popping those mid range jumpers.  There were a few times she dishes it when she could have taken it to the hoop.  

Lorettos coaches were here scouting.  

7 hours ago, Rebelman51 said:

Nice classy post

Congrats to a talented Mckenzie team.   The 3 ball was the difference in the game last night.  To beat Mckenzie you better hope they have an off night shooting and you need good post play.  If they have a weakness it is post defense, the Fillies had plenty of good looks and just couldn’t finish.  Very excited for the future of the fillies.  The freshman and sophomore classes are talented and they have an 8th grade group that was 16-1 this season that will join them.  

8 minutes ago, 1983 said:

Nice classy post

Congrats to a talented Mckenzie team.   The 3 ball was the difference in the game last night.  To beat Mckenzie you better hope they have an off night shooting and you need good post play.  If they have a weakness it is post defense, the Fillies had plenty of good looks and just couldn’t finish.  Very excited for the future of the fillies.  The freshman and sophomore classes are talented and they have an 8th grade group that was 16-1 this season that will join them.  

I told my wife last night if H'Town would have put Postlewaite and Singleton down low and fed them the ball, we would have our hands full.  Good scrappy game until the third when Chesser started firing those 3's and it sort of ignited the rest. 

7 hours ago, rebelman101 said:

The two sisters moved to Huntingdon. Mom got  a job as a teacher at the middle school. #35 is a great player. Huntingdon has a great team with some young pieces that will be tough to handle when they get to be upper classmen. Brooklyn Williams is there best player this year and they will certainly miss her presence once she graduates.

Agree.  Can't fault them for moving in and Mom taking a job as a teacher.  I am sure if it was flipped and she got a job here we wouldn't be complaining.  Happens everywhere.  So no need to throw that jab at Huntingdon.  Win w/ class....lose with class.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VOLnWTN said:

Agree.  Can't fault them for moving in and Mom taking a job as a teacher.  I am sure if it was flipped and she got a job here we wouldn't be complaining.  Happens everywhere.  So no need to throw that jab at Huntingdon.  Win w/ class....lose with class.  

Huntingdon and McKenzie will be tough a while. They will be solid. McKenzie may be the pre-season number 1 next year in Single A and for that matter may win it all this year. They keep on winning. Loretto and McKenzie will be a sure enough dogfight if they both survive the first round.