Never too early....Who wins Class A 2020-21

gogold

Peabody and Gleason is typically the best #2 vs #3 matchup in the West TN area, and I don't expect this year to be any different. This is a tough matchup for Peabody, as Gleason wants to slow the game down and work the offense. Like I told someone earlier, Peabody has to push the basketball after makes and misses to force Gleason to speed up. Offense may be hard to come by, so the Lady Tide have to crash the boards and attack the rim to get free throws. I think Peabody wins a low scoring 35-26 game

24 minutes ago, dmm88 said:

Peabody and Gleason is typically the best #2 vs #3 matchup in the West TN area, and I don't expect this year to be any different. This is a tough matchup for Peabody, as Gleason wants to slow the game down and work the offense. Like I told someone earlier, Peabody has to push the basketball after makes and misses to force Gleason to speed up. Offense may be hard to come by, so the Lady Tide have to crash the boards and attack the rim to get free throws. I think Peabody wins a low scoring 35-26 game

Going to be a dogfight for sure. Stephenson is a really solid coach but for a team that plays slow most of the  time his teams always play really well fast. They will throw their press in and change momentum in a heartbeat. Gleason is very fundamental like Gibson County and do a lot of the little things right. Going to be a single digit game, IMO. I will go with Peabody by 6 on their home floor. 

28 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Going to be a dogfight for sure. Stephenson is a really solid coach but for a team that plays slow most of the  time his teams always play really well fast. They will throw their press in and change momentum in a heartbeat. Gleason is very fundamental like Gibson County and do a lot of the little things right. Going to be a single digit game, IMO. I will go with Peabody by 6 on their home floor. 

I think that's a good prediction.  Gleason is certainly capable of winning this game, but I agree that Peabody wins it by 4-8 points at home.  

3 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I can see that. Summertown has a lot of moving parts to make soup and can beat you with different players. Loretto without Weathers would not be good. 

How did you come up with that Loretto would not be good without Weathers ?  I thought you knew a little bit about basketball.  There's no doubt Karly is a game changer, but to discount the rest of the team is just dumb.  Our team has heart and you've got to have heart.  They also have talent too.  Just a dumb statement.

6 minutes ago, gogold said:

How did you come up with that Loretto would not be good without Weathers ?  I thought you knew a little bit about basketball.  There's no doubt Karly is a game changer, but to discount the rest of the team is just dumb.  Our team has heart and you've got to have heart.  They also have talent too.  Just a dumb statement.

I didn’t mean it like it that. Just saying they have 6 players making All District you have a lot of different people scoring. Hard to have an MVP with that many players scoring. Look at the post I responded to. If it will make you feel better us without Madison Hart wouldn’t be good either. It was more of a compliment to Weathers than a shot at your team.