TSSAA ED says fate of high school football unknown as of now

hardtackle

1 minute ago, Salem said:

Asking you to read an entire article is not fair. Here are the Cliff Notes. 

The claim: Hospitals get paid more if patients are listed as COVID-19, and on ventilators

words, words, words,... 

Our ruling: True

We rate the claim that hospitals get paid more if patients are listed as COVID-19 and on ventilators as TRUE.

Hospitals and doctors do get paid more for Medicare patients diagnosed with COVID-19 or if it's considered presumed they have COVID-19 absent a laboratory-confirmed test, and three times more if the patients are placed on a ventilator to cover the cost of care and loss of business resulting from a shift in focus to treat COVID-19 cases.

Our fact-check sources

Makes you wonder why Trump hasn't jumped all over this...

2 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

I'll play along...

#1 - Because relatively speaking, we still know VERY little about the epidemiology/virology of this virus. That isn't even debatable, and yet people want to debate that.

#2 - Because we do not yet have a treatment (or vaccine) for this virus. Laugh if you want, but we at least have a flu vaccine, and even if we don't "pick" the right one each year, it is remarkably effective at reducing the severity of the flu symptoms (especially in the elderly).

#3 - Because in the 21st century, we tend to do things differently, right, wrong, or indifferent. Influenza has been around for centuries; it wasn't discovered last year. The Spanish flu pandemic would have looked quite a bit different had it occurred this century.

Here's a [rhetorical] question, 22. So why weren't we all practicing good hygiene to begin with? Shouldn't we have been washing our hands during flu season last year? Shouldn't we stay home when we are sick (same for our kids)? My hope is that we ALL have learned to be a little more hygienic and self-aware, especially during cold and flu season.

Great question. Hygiene seems to "all of the sudden" gotten very important. It should always be...again, personal responsibility. You cannot legislate or mandate good hygiene. Each person is responsible for doing his/her part. So, we agree on all that. Will a possible COVID-19 vaccine change anything and will most everyone take it? The flu still kills 30,000 to 50,000 Americans a year and we have a "vaccine", and we supposedly know way more about it. Almost half of the population refuse to get it, and those of us that annually get it can only hope it works properly or we could still get it. The vaccine is certainly not the end all be all. I don't disagree that we know little about this virus, especially early on. But, we are learning more and more and the stats tell us a lot! It seems people ignore them though, especially the media trying to play political games with the numbers instead of reporting the facts. It is out of control unfortunately.

5 minutes ago, Salem said:

Asking you to read an entire article is not fair. Here are the Cliff Notes. 

The claim: Hospitals get paid more if patients are listed as COVID-19, and on ventilators

words, words, words,... 

Our ruling: True

We rate the claim that hospitals get paid more if patients are listed as COVID-19 and on ventilators as TRUE.

Hospitals and doctors do get paid more for Medicare patients diagnosed with COVID-19 or if it's considered presumed they have COVID-19 absent a laboratory-confirmed test, and three times more if the patients are placed on a ventilator to cover the cost of care and loss of business resulting from a shift in focus to treat COVID-19 cases.

Our fact-check sources

The article states as a fact that they get paid more for COVID cases.  It doesn't state as a fact or prove that there deaths fraudulently designated COVID deaths.  That was your point right?  This article doesn't prove that.  In fact, I already shared an article from the same source that says that COVID deaths are more likely to be significantly under-reported.   

You keep saying the same thing and typing it bigger, but you haven't presented the proof that you somehow think you have.  It doesn't exist.  As several people have said now, if there were proof, the President would already tweeted about it.

10 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Makes you wonder why Trump hasn't jumped all over this...

How would the media portray President Trump over ruling or questioning the "medical experts" on Medicare reimbursements for Covid? The doctor that first reported this is now under investigation by his state's medical board. 

https://www.startribune.com/gop-legislator-under-scrutiny-over-covid-19-comments/571637602/?refresh=true

Can you not see the headlines already? Trump is slashing federal dollars for Covid treatments. Trump is killing Americans with Covid?  Trump is cutting funding for the poor? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, guthook said:

The article states as a fact that they get paid more for COVID cases.  It doesn't state as a fact or prove that there deaths fraudulently designated COVID deaths.  That was your point right?  This article doesn't prove that.  In fact, I already shared an article from the same source that says that COVID deaths are more likely to be significantly under-reported.   

You keep saying the same thing and typing it bigger, but you haven't presented the proof that you somehow think you have.  It doesn't exist.  As several people have said now, if there were proof, the President would already tweeted about it.

So, you think the numbers are legit and all the COVID deaths are deaths resulting from this virus?! See, this is a big problem. We have no idea what is true about these numbers...there is so much backtracking of death numbers after the fact going on. There are tons of false positives happening. Many "COVID deaths" are counted as such, yet were not a result of the virus..in other words, someone had the virus but actually died of something else, however it's counted as a "COVID death". This is maddening! There could be thousands and thousands of false cases/deaths!

How would the media portray President Trump over ruling or questioning the "medical experts" on Medicare reimbursements for Covid? The doctor that first reported this is now under investigation by his state's medical board. 

https://www.startribune.com/gop-legislator-under-scrutiny-over-covid-19-comments/571637602/?refresh=true

Can you not see the headlines already? Trump is slashing federal dollars for Covid treatments. Trump is killing Americans with Covid?  Trump is cutting funding for the poor? 

Any excuse will do i guess.

Hasn't he already been accused of botching this entire response? That threat doesn't seem to bother him much, so I'm not sure why that would apply in this case. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Hasn't he already been accused of botching this entire response? That threat doesn't seem to bother him much, so I'm not sure why that would apply in this case. 

What exactly are you wanting the President to admit? That the bill Congress rushed through and he signed has incentives for raising the number of Covid cases nationwide? What exactly are you disputing? Anyone can read the bill. It is indisputable hospitals get tens of thousands of dollars extra per Covid patient compared to a flu patient with the same symptoms and same treatments. 

9 minutes ago, guthook said:

Any excuse will do i guess.

He asked a question and got an opinion.

The only option Trump had would be not to sign the legislation that was rushed to his desk. Trump vetoing the emergency Covid response would have went over well in the media. Now, he would be criticizing a law he signed. 

2 minutes ago, Salem said:

What exactly are you wanting the President to admit? That the bill Congress rushed through and he signed has incentives for raising the number of Covid cases nationwide? What exactly are you disputing? Anyone can read the bill. It is indisputable hospitals get tens of thousands of dollars extra per Covid patient compared to a flu patient with the same symptoms and same treatments. 

Just so I understand.  The President (unintntionally) incentivized covid cases.  So now, he won't call out fraud in spite of how poor he looks as fraudulent COVID cases and deaths continue to pile up and increase?

50 minutes ago, Salem said:

I wasn't saying he should admit anything. I'm just saying that this seems like the sort of thing that he would "typically" go on a bender over.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Salem said:

Let's shut down all schools and businesses and stay in our houses until @djohnson tells us to come out. 

Lol I’m not saying that. My son would lose a year of ball but if it saves lives then I’m for it. I just know that with how everything is going numbers they cannot have a season. It’s worse now than it was back in March and April

• CoachT locked this topic