TSSAA ED says fate of high school football unknown as of now

hardtackle

12 minutes ago, guthook said:

FIne perspective, but if we play sports this kids will be around their coaches, trainers and refs who are all more vulnerable.

12 minutes ago, guthook said:

FIne perspective, but if we play sports this kids will be around their coaches, trainers and refs who are all more vulnerable.

Yeah the same kids whose parents work in factories side by side every day that your saying the kids are causing danger to. Kids rarely get and rarely transmit the disease to older people. I got news for you. Kids lives are essential with education and sports. Whole lot more essential than liquor stores, tobacco stores.....

Edited by pioneer42
  • Like 1

The bottom line is the numbers especially the death numbers are being blown out of proportion.  If anyone is in the know with the hospitals right now they are trying to put a Covid19 as partial cause of any death they can to get federal aid.  This is basically common knowledge.  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, guthook said:

So, with this genius logic, you have to be for a complete shutdown where nobody can work or go do anything, right? People are around people in life...this just in. We don't know who has this virus obviously, so why be allowed to do anything around anyone? It all comes back to personal responsibility and common sense. Society is lacking tremendously in these two categories currently.

41 minutes ago, ChineseFlu said:

The bottom line is the numbers especially the death numbers are being blown out of proportion.  If anyone is in the know with the hospitals right now they are trying to put a Covid19 as partial cause of any death they can to get federal aid.  This is basically common knowledge.  

Don't come in here with tall tales and try to make them facts.  Proof or it didn't happen.

2 hours ago, TeeterTot2 said:

To use your logic:  Of the many stories you say are popping up and personal experiences of people passing out or being lightheaded, how many of those people are fat or have existing health issues?

If a person is not healthy enough to wear a mask for a extended period of time, i would assume that person is unhealthy and in the high risk category to catch the virus.  

Fair enough. They probably should not be forced to wear a mask, which is one of many reasons why masks should not and cannot be mandated. Maybe highly suggested or recommended, but not mandated! Again, personal responsibility and common sense stuff.

5 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

So, with this genius logic, you have to be for a complete shutdown where nobody can work or go do anything, right? People are around people in life...this just in. We don't know who has this virus obviously, so why be allowed to do anything around anyone? It all comes back to personal responsibility and common sense. Society is lacking tremendously in these two categories currently.

I don't support a complete shutdown actually, but I'd encourage everyone to realize that we are headed in a bad direction number's wise.  To believe otherwise is simply to have your head in the sand. 

1 hour ago, Djohnson said:

With all the new cases the smart thing would be to not jeopardize high school kids playing sports. The die hard fans and parents is a small percentage of voters. They should suspend all High school sports in 2020. When kids that are 18 starts dying that is when everyone needs to take a step back. I guess a lot of people on here Just wants to let all the other kids and healthy parents pass it along to the the ones that are more likely to get sick or kill them. The Governor did a great job by extending to the end of Aug. Now he just need to do the smart thing and cancel all high school sports in 2020. It’s not worth the risk!

Let's shut down all schools and businesses and stay in our houses until @djohnson tells us to come out. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, guthook said:

I don't support a complete shutdown actually, but I'd encourage everyone to realize that we are headed in a bad direction number's wise.  To believe otherwise is simply to have your head in the sand. 

Oh, back to the 'ole numbers argument. How about the death numbers?! They are plummeting! Total case count going up does not mean anything. The large majority of these cases are not even sick at all. That's the 'ole media numbers game they play every single day. It's ridiculous and very sad.

1 hour ago, MadHatter1 said:

Our hospitals were not overwhelmed at any point. They now have the tools they need. They should have a plan in place.

To say that the local hospitals have a plan in place and "the tools they need" is debatable. The Knox-area hospitals have a plan, but they aren't suddenly flush with ventilators and there is no current treatment option; the hospitals are primarily relying on empty beds so that they can at least be prepared for a deluge like what we saw in NYC, New Orleans, Detroit, and a few other metro areas.

So far, so good. Hopefully things stay that way.

• Like 1

Sounds like you're the expert.   Look, I hope I'm wrong.  I want school back in and I want to play.  

But to keep dismissing concrete numbers is silly.  The cases are going up.  The numbers of hospitalized are going up.  That's all I'm saying.

13 minutes ago, guthook said:

Don't come in here with tall tales and try to make them facts.  Proof or it didn't happen.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/04/24/fact-check-medicare-hospitals-paid-more-covid-19-patients-coronavirus/3000638001/

Two different ways to get more money from Covid. Medicare spending and there's a provision in the Paycheck Protection Program that pays money on top of that to hospitals with a certain number of Covid admissions. There's no denying there is an incentive to admitting Covid patients the debate is if it affects the diagnosis. 

• Like 1

• CoachT locked this topic