TSSAA ED says fate of high school football unknown as of now

hardtackle

8 hours ago, sportsguy22 said:

This is a guy most all of us respect! One of the best pathologists in the world! Very interesting read.

https://outkick.com/world-renowned-pathologist-democrat-dr-cyril-wecht-slams-mask-order/

22, there is nothing objective about this. This pathologist talks about the political aspect, and since he's a dem I know that really piques your interest, and nothing more. At no point does he use his medical "expertise" to justify why masks will or won't work.

I could care less about a doctor's political opinion, and how this will/won't help Trump get re-elected. This should boil down to one question - are masks effective or not?

Edited by osunut2

27 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

22, there is nothing objective about this. This pathologist talks about the political aspect, and since he's a dem I know that really piques your interest, and nothing more. At no point does he use his medical "expertise" to justify why masks will or won't work.

I could care less about a doctor's political opinion, and how this will/won't help Trump get re-elected. This should boil down to one question - are masks effective or not?

And...we don’t know at all. That is the point. Doctors are all over the map on this issue. Not to mention, we have more people passing out now from wearing masks for too long, some while driving! It’s just a very fluid topic that changes constantly. Just no way people should be demanding others wear them (mask shaming) when they don’t even know if it helps at all. Too much media overload nowadays on any one given topic, and this is the topic of the moment, therefore it puts fear and panic into people unnecessarily.

16 hours ago, sportsguy22 said:

If that ever happened (and it won’t because of funding), then we’d then have a running tally of how many kids passed out and how many were hospitalized each day. That’s one of the silliest ideas if I’ve ever heard. 

Also, some kids can't medically wear mask.  For example, a kid with asthma can't wear a mask because the mask can trigger an attack.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, osunut2 said:

Have I missed something? “Guy we all respect”? I never heard of him. 

4 minutes ago, Sidelinehustler said:

Have I missed something? “Guy we all respect”? I never heard of him. 

Cyril Wecht is one of the top forensic pathologists in the world. He’s been involved in numerous high profile criminal cases and is constantly on TV and in the media discussing such. But, that’s fine...if you’ve never heard of him. He’s widely respected, but choose to believe whatever you wish. That’s where we are at with all this regardless. The point is there are plenty of doctors that don’t agree with all the mask craziness. It’s all over the map.

start season 2 weeks late and dont change playoff format start basketball 2 weeks late. It would end in late march only interfere with baseball by about a week. How hard is that. Football is by far the biggest financial sport in high school. Or have the season end the week before Thanksgiving. Give every team a bye for holiday and start playoffs in december with quarterfinals (2 or 3 in each region qualify). They already shafted us on basketball and spring sports so why not screw us on football to lol

Just now, sportsguy22 said:

Cyril Wecht is one of the top forensic pathologists in the world. He’s been involved in numerous high profile criminal cases and is constantly on TV and in the media discussing such. But, that’s fine...if you’ve never heard of him. He’s widely respected, but choose to believe whatever you wish. That’s where we are at with all this regardless. The point is there are plenty of doctors that don’t agree with all the mask craziness. It’s all over the map.

Yeah, I can google. A federal grand jury indicted Wecht on 84 criminal counts for using his office as coroner for private gain at which point he resigned. It’s a good idea to do some research before you use a source attempting to discount the practice of using mask.

Point is we could all throw out a thousand obscure articles and various doctors and experts with varying opinions. I have no idea why people would not wear a mask to prevent the spread even if it there is a chance it might help. Maybe I am just a little more willing to make the effort. The irony is the people yelling the loudest are the ones the least willing to do anything to make a season happen. 

As you say though, “but that’s fine”.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Sidelinehustler said:

Yeah, I can google. A federal grand jury indicted Wecht on 84 criminal counts for using his office as coroner for private gain at which point he resigned. It’s a good idea to do some research before you use a source attempting to discount the practice of using mask.

Point is we could all throw out a thousand obscure articles and various doctors and experts with varying opinions. I have no idea why people would not wear a mask to prevent the spread even if it there is a chance it might help. Maybe I am just a little more willing to make the effort. The irony is the people yelling the loudest are the ones the least willing to do anything to make a season happen. 

As you say though, “but that’s fine”.

Are you wearing gloves too? What type of mask? Who are you listening to on what to wear and when to wear it? Are you in the at risk category? 

I remember years ago a quote from Billy Graham: : "If there is only a 10% chance of there being a heaven and heck, wouldn't it be worth following Jesus' instructions for entrance into heaven versus entrance into heck?"

That could apply to wearing a mask as well -- you are trying to help prevent the spread of a potentially deadly disease. What is wrong with thinking of others? Maybe some people just want to be an apologist.

33 minutes ago, HSfootballan said:

I remember years ago a quote from Billy Graham: : "If there is only a 10% chance of there being a heaven and heck, wouldn't it be worth following Jesus' instructions for entrance into heaven versus entrance into heck?"

That could apply to wearing a mask as well -- you are trying to help prevent the spread of a potentially deadly disease. What is wrong with thinking of others? Maybe some people just want to be an apologist.

Please don’t compare those two things. That’s ridiculous and unfair. My eternity has zero to do with when and where to wear a mask, and who says what about it.

On 7/1/2020 at 1:21 PM, osunut2 said:

I can't speak for everyone, but I don't think anyone WANTS football to be cancelled, Wave. We wouldn't be active on this message board if we didn't enjoy football.

The negative Nancy of some (not necessarily yourself) had a lot to do with that post.  More positivity less doom and gloom.  

1 hour ago, sportsguy22 said:

Please don’t compare those two things. That’s ridiculous and unfair. My eternity has zero to do with when and where to wear a mask, and who says what about it.

You apparently do not understand the point.

The point is no matter the odds -- wearing a mask is well worth the effort, in my humble opinion,

• CoachT locked this topic