TSSAA ED says fate of high school football unknown as of now

hardtackle

Per today's memo from Bernard Childress:

"While the Governor’s order is in place, member schools cannot have any competition or scrimmage with other schools and cannot have close contact activities during their fundamental practice in the sports of football, 7-on-7 football, girls soccer, wrestling and basketball.

Based on the extension of the Governor's order, football and girls' soccer cannot begin their seasons as originally scheduled. We are in the process of developing regular season and postseason options to present to the TSSAA Board of Control for their consideration. The Board will ultimately make the decision as to how this will impact the postseason and if any adjustments can be made to regular season competition."

https://tssaa.org/article/childress-updates-member-schools-on-states-latest-emergency-order

3 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

"While the Governor’s order is in place, member schools cannot have any competition or scrimmage with other schools and cannot have close contact activities during their fundamental practice in the sports of football, 7-on-7 football, girls soccer, wrestling and basketball.

Based on the extension of the Governor's order, football and girls' soccer cannot begin their seasons as originally scheduled. We are in the process of developing regular season and postseason options to present to the TSSAA Board of Control for their consideration. The Board will ultimately make the decision as to how this will impact the postseason and if any adjustments can be made to regular season competition."

https://tssaa.org/article/childress-updates-member-schools-on-states-latest-emergency-order

Don’t look good for any fall or winter sports

2 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

There are reports of three choices they will make for football: A) 8 game schedule with 4 rounds of playoffs B ) Flip fall and spring sports C) Play football in the spring, starting in February

They may vote for A but no way it will work with only one week of contact before starting a season. The panic and fear have now set in and the snowball is rolling downhill...and it is still June! Our society and leadership is officially a train wreck.

9 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Key quote is "while the Governor's order is in place...." 

TSSAA, superintendent's, school boards, parents need to let the governor know how they feel. 

2 minutes ago, Salem said:

Key quote is "while the Governor's order is in place...." 

TSSAA, superintendent's, school boards, parents need to let the governor know how they feel. 

Agree. He could drop the order at any point, and it’s still way premature to make football season decisions anyway. By the way, if high school cannot start on time that should mean all colleges and the Titans won’t be able to have contact either or start on time, right? If not, what are we doing?! Penalizing high school kids because of a virus but not college and professional athletes? That makes solid sense. The younger kids, who are the least likely to have any major symptoms, are the ones penalized. Genius.

2 hours ago, osunut2 said:

Waco, airborne viruses don't just magically travel through the air without a motive force. They are attached to respiratory droplets (e.g., dust/dirt particles, moisture droplets, etc), which can be slowed/stopped by an N95 mask, surgeon's mask, or even a cheap cloth mask. This is true for COVID-19, flu, measles, chickenpox, tuberculosis, and other airborne diseases. Is it 100% effective? No, but neither is a condom.

My main point was as I stated in the first sentence that we don't know what is true and what is false. What I stated about the mask is what I read, not what I believe. The WHO and CDC have been all over the map. This Dr. Fauci is a fraud. We'd be as well off with Dr. Pepper in charge.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

Agree. He could drop the order at any point, and it’s still way premature to make football season decisions anyway. By the way, if high school cannot start on time that should mean all colleges and the Titans won’t be able to have contact either or start on time, right? If not, what are we doing?! Penalizing high school kids because of a virus but not college and professional athletes? That makes solid sense. The younger kids, who are the least likely to have any major symptoms, are the ones penalized. Genius.

I can see pros because they could play without a crowd and accept the risks as legal working adults and isolate.

I don't agree with college though should be the same as high schools.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, steelcityroller said:

I can see pros because they could play without a crowd and accept the risks as legal working adults and isolate.

I don't agree with college though should be the same as high schools.

All about $$$

• CoachT locked this topic