TSSAA ED says fate of high school football unknown as of now

hardtackle

7 minutes ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Go to a baseball park any weekend and you will see 100's of people not practicing social distancing at all.  How are all these travel programs getting past it

There are pools opened up with all kinds of people sweating and slobbering all over the place.Let us play ball!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Salem said:

Problem is the ones asking for the "sacrifice" have political agendas. Don't go to church, come let's protest. Don't have knee surgery, do have an abortion. Liquor store good, hair salon bad. There is no guise of freedom. It's the principle the country was founded on. 

I continued to attend church. I wouldn’t call much of what’s been happening “protests”. I agree with you on the liquor/hair salon scenario. I believe abortion to be an abomination before God.

I however do not think the government is shredding the Constitution by asking people to wear masks. To my knowledge there has been no one fined or thrown in jail in Tennessee for not doing so. 

There obviously is no reasonable  middle ground to be found on this subject here. 

It's an intentionally vague guideline disguised as an order. As governor he should provide clear and specific orders and provide logical reasons for those. And it's 3 months past time TSSAA got involved even though they got PPP bailout funds and probably aren't worried about revenue right now. 

Again just looking at social media posts we've had baseball and softball tournaments, summer workouts, basketball scrimmages, wrestling matches, packed graduation ceremonies, water parks, church services, and concerts in TN with thousands in the last month. Not to mention multiple "protests" with thousands. It's time to play ball starting July 6th. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Salem said:

It's an intentionally vague guideline disguised as an order. As governor he should provide clear and specific orders and provide logical reasons for those. And it's 3 months past time TSSAA got involved even though they got PPP bailout funds and probably aren't worried about revenue right now. 

Again just looking at social media posts we've had baseball and softball tournaments, summer workouts, basketball scrimmages, wrestling matches, packed graduation ceremonies, water parks, church services, and concerts in TN with thousands in the last month. Not to mention multiple "protests" with thousands. It's time to play ball starting July 6th. 

If you take that into account what you posted and everybody going on vacation it’s not hard to understand why they are a surge in new cases. They cannot let it get keep getting worse. To me it’s not worth the risk. I hate it for the seniors though. 

32 minutes ago, Djohnson said:

If you take that into account what you posted and everybody going on vacation it’s not hard to understand why they are a surge in new cases. They cannot let it get keep getting worse. To me it’s not worth the risk. I hate it for the seniors though. 

Then why does this order not affect college and pro sports?  “They cannot let it get keep getting worse”.   Makes no sense.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sidelinehustler said:

I continued to attend church. I wouldn’t call much of what’s been happening “protests”. I agree with you on the liquor/hair salon scenario. I believe abortion to be an abomination before God.

I however do not think the government is shredding the Constitution by asking people to wear masks. To my knowledge there has been no one fined or thrown in jail in Tennessee for not doing so. 

There obviously is no reasonable  middle ground to be found on this subject here. 

Just curious how long you will wear a mask? How long should we all be asked to wear one? When does it stop? Who do we believe? Who is your “go to” on what to believe? The “experts” or the government officials or who? We will constantly have infectious diseases in this country...I can promise you that. 

37 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

Then why does this order not affect college and pro sports?  “They cannot let it get keep getting worse”.   Makes no sense.  

They haven't made a decision about college football yet. But it's not looking good. Bill Lee had to step in but let's all hope that cases start going down. 

1 hour ago, Salem said:

Allow non contact sports to play starting in August. Move fall contact sports to spring. Who is scrimmaging?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Djohnson said:

They haven't made a decision about college football yet. But it's not looking good. Bill Lee had to step in but let's all hope that cases start going down. 

Why are you so focused on the cases? The death rate is plummeting! These new cases are expected and are largely people with no symptoms or mild symptoms. This panic mess has to stop. It is not killing people at an abnormal rate whatsoever.

• CoachT locked this topic