TSSAA ED says fate of high school football unknown as of now

hardtackle

8 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

Is that a common occurrence or a fear driven narrative as a result of these times? I can honestly say I’ve never been coughed on by a random person in my entire life! Who does that?! 

It’s kinda what I call common sense. If masks didn’t work doctors, nurses and dentists wouldn’t wear them. It’s ludicrous to me that both sides have gotten so polarized. People have become radical on both sides of the issue.

As a disclaimer before I am labeled a liberal, I am a card carrying, campaign donating Republican. And yes, I had and currently have a Trump sign in my yard. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sidelinehustler said:

It’s kinda what I call common sense. If masks didn’t work doctors, nurses and dentists wouldn’t wear them. It’s ludicrous to me that both sides have gotten so polarized. People have become radical on both sides of the issue.

As a disclaimer before I am labeled a liberal, I am a card carrying, campaign donating Republican. And yes, I had and currently have a Trump sign in my yard. 

It makes absolute sense that doctors, nurses, and dentists wear them...obviously, since they are constantly working closely with sick people or just many people in general. The argument is not about them, but about those of us who distance properly, wash our hands, sanitize, and live smartly. This is about common sense and personal responsibility. I can’t help the crazies, but life is a constant stream of personal responsibility in every way. These “so called mandates”, which ironically have multiple exemptions and exceptions, is about being told what to do and when to do it. This is not America. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sportsguy22 said:

It makes absolute sense that doctors, nurses, and dentists wear them...obviously, since they are constantly working closely with sick people or just many people in general. The argument is not about them, but about those of us who distance properly, wash our hands, sanitize, and live smartly. This is about common sense and personal responsibility. I can’t help the crazies, but life is a constant stream of personal responsibility in every way. These “so called mandates”, which ironically have multiple exemptions and exceptions, is about being told what to do and when to do it. This is not America. 

Sadly we're on our own here. Despite the millions if not billions of our tax payer dollars that have gone to the WHO and CDC they don't seem to have a clue. Both organizations have been all over the map. Either they are controlled politically, don't know what their doing or their straight up lying to us. There are reports (credible reports) that the death numbers are greatly inflated. A lot of people did die in NYC because of pure ignorance by authorities. A lot of people came into hospitals that didn't have covid-19 but were treated for it anyway just to get the insurance money. I think they were getting something like 30 thousand dollars for every person on a ventilator. Remember when the governor of NY was screaming for more ventilators?  Kickback? A lot of people died just from being put on a ventilator when they didn't even need that. A nurse from Texas went undercover with a hidden camera and has proof of this happening. This is blacked out by the media.  The same thing happened in other cities. This virus is real, a type of flu that is very contagious. I did my own research and came up with taking vitamin D and Zinc to ward off the virus. I have more confidence in this than anything I've heard from anybody attached to the government. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sportsguy22 said:

If your in the stands and sneeze it can cover 6 to 8 ft. So why not wear a mask when we are in the stands if it will let us play? 

5 minutes ago, Djohnson said:

If your in the stands and sneeze it can cover 6 to 8 ft. So why not wear a mask when we are in the stands if it will let us play? 

DJ, I think we've all dug our heels in, and I don't think any of us are going to budge at this point. I've said my piece, and others can do what they want with it. I'm hoping for the best, and I just wish that every person out there is willing to do their part.

But I also recognize that's like asking every parent out there to actually parent.

1 hour ago, Djohnson said:

Exactly. Americans used to sacrifice for the good of society. This whole “nobody can tell me what to do” mentality that is being passed of under the guise of freedom is a sad reflection on our society today. Throw your anti-immunization nuts in too.   

Edited by Sidelinehustler

33 minutes ago, Sidelinehustler said:

Exactly. Americans used to sacrifice for the good of society. This whole “nobody can tell me what to do” mentality that is being passed of under the guise of freedom is a sad reflection on our society today. Throw your anti-immunization nuts in too.   

We did what they told us and most of it was lies. You can only cry wolf so many times before people lose trust.  Protect the vulnerable and let everyone else live their lives. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ecu said:

We did what they told us and most of it was lies. You can only cry wolf so many times before people lose trust.  Protect the vulnerable and let everyone else live their lives. 

Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater, eh?

1 hour ago, Sidelinehustler said:

Problem is the ones asking for the "sacrifice" have political agendas. Don't go to church, come let's protest. Don't have knee surgery, do have an abortion. Liquor store good, hair salon bad. There is no guise of freedom. It's the principle the country was founded on. 

• Like 1

• CoachT locked this topic