TSSAA ED says fate of high school football unknown as of now

hardtackle

1 hour ago, steelcityroller said:

I knew high school sports (at least football anyways) wasn't gonna happen this fall. You can't make students and parents jump through hoops to get their kids back in school but tell them its completely fine for everybody to go to a football game on Friday night. Because athletic events are an extension of the schools.

In a time where kids in certain areas are doing drive-thru graduations or only allowed to have parents at their graduations then high school football was never gonna happen.

In a time where kids are seated 6-feet apart in a classroom and have to wear masks in the hallways then high school football was never gonna happen.

In a time where only one student at a time was gonna be allowed in the bathrooms then high school football was never gonna happen.

But they did not cancel the season.  (Yet). Football workouts are still ongoing after the dead period.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

But they did not cancel the season.  (Yet). Football workouts are still ongoing after the dead period.  

In the order.

Limit contact sports with a requirement or substantial likelihood of routine close contact

• This does not apply to collegiate or professional sports conducted under the rules or guidelines of their respective governing bodies and does not prohibit training or otherwise practicing the elements of such sports that do not involve close contact with persons;

So no blocking, tackling, game situations etc. through August 29th. And things will just get cranked back up in September?

33 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

Doom and Gloom! Some of y’all are bought in hook, line, and sinker. And it’s still June!! Unbelievable. No patience, no positivity, no logic or common sense. I’m assuming all of you are for shutting everything down again?! 

Might lose my job over it.

But knew it was gonna happen. No school = No school sports pretty simple formula.

23 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

Doom and Gloom! Some of y’all are bought in hook, line, and sinker. And it’s still June!! Unbelievable. No patience, no positivity, no logic or common sense. I’m assuming all of you are for shutting everything down again?! 

Unbelievable is a great description. 100% of our media reporting is slanted. Right now, the virus death numbers are down 90% from April's peak. The case numbers are up because we went from only testing those with symptoms to inviting everyone in every age group over for a free test. Antibody testing in April in NY and Cal showed thousands of people had been previously infected with no symptoms in the past and had antibodies in their systems. Studies shave shown people with no symptoms rarely infect others. If you look at the facts and skip the sensational headlines the situation has improved greatly. The survival rate is well over 99%. 

25 minutes ago, Salem said:

Studies shave shown people with no symptoms rarely infect others.

You'll have to link a reputable source for that. Even the WHO backed off of that hot take. Maybe we eventually learn that is the case, once enough case studies have been performed, but I have yet to see that definitively reported in the scientific community.

I'm not a big Vox follower, but this article from a few weeks ago is a good read.

https://www.vox.com/2020/6/10/21286426/can-asymptomatic-people-spread-coronavirus-who-transmission

Edited by osunut2

4 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

You'll have to link a reputable source for that. Even the WHO backed off of that hot take. Maybe we eventually learn that is the case, once enough case studies have been performed, but I have yet to see that definitively reported in the scientific community.

You would trust anything the WHO said?????  They bragged on how well China responded to this.  Yeah, they shut down the world.:roflol:

8 minutes ago, ChineseFlu said:

You would trust anything the WHO said?????  They bragged on how well China responded to this.  Yeah, they shut down the world.:roflol:

I don't trust anything that the WHO said. But it is notable that they backed off of their original take that asymptomatic people can't spread it.

Edited by osunut2

31 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

I'm not a big Vox follower, but this article from a few weeks ago is a good read.

https://www.vox.com/2020/6/10/21286426/can-asymptomatic-people-spread-coronavirus-who-transmission

https://time.com/5850256/who-asymptomatic-spread/

The WHO position based on numerous studies and contact tracing is that asymptomatic people RARELY spread the disease. The word I used in my post was "rarely". People without the ability to comprehend hear that as asymptomatic people don't spread the disease. Multiple WHO studies showed the maximum spread from asymptomatic people was 2.2%.  Other studies were much lower. In March we were told they were super spreaders. Those under 18 are most often asymptomatic. That's not the same as presymptomatic. 

There is another story about NY daycare centers in the hardest hit areas of the city having virtually no transmissions. 

4 minutes ago, Salem said:

https://time.com/5850256/who-asymptomatic-spread/

The WHO position based on numerous studies and contact tracing is that asymptomatic people RARELY spread the disease. The word I used in my post was "rarely". People without the ability to comprehend hear that as asymptomatic people don't spread the disease. Multiple WHO studies showed the maximum spread from asymptomatic people was 2.2%.  Other studies were much lower. In March we were told they were super spreaders. Those under 18 are most often asymptomatic. That's not the same as presymptomatic. 

There is another story about NY daycare centers in the hardest hit areas of the city having virtually no transmissions. 

The WHO girl changed her mind the next day because she was taking heat on how much positive press it got. 

1 hour ago, Salem said:

Unbelievable is a great description. 100% of our media reporting is slanted. Right now, the virus death numbers are down 90% from April's peak. The case numbers are up because we went from only testing those with symptoms to inviting everyone in every age group over for a free test. Antibody testing in April in NY and Cal showed thousands of people had been previously infected with no symptoms in the past and had antibodies in their systems. Studies shave shown people with no symptoms rarely infect others. If you look at the facts and skip the sensational headlines the situation has improved greatly. The survival rate is well over 99%. 

Well said! This a horrific situation when a politically motivated media plays a fake numbers game to ratchet up panic and fear in the country, which they hope leads to their desired election result. It is way out of hand at this point! You’d think people are falling over dead in the streets at an incredible rate, yet that couldn’t be farther from the truth.

“I would encourage people to pay attention to what we’re dealing with, and if you really, really want sports, football and all those things, then wear your mask and keep social distancing,” Fulmer said during a Wednesday interview on Nashville radio

Now we gotta decide between college football and dinner/drinks at Applebee’s. I’ll wear the mask and choose football. 

• CoachT locked this topic