TSSAA ED says fate of high school football unknown as of now

hardtackle

14 minutes ago, Salem said:

https://time.com/5850256/who-asymptomatic-spread/

The WHO position based on numerous studies and contact tracing is that asymptomatic people RARELY spread the disease. The word I used in my post was "rarely". People without the ability to comprehend hear that as asymptomatic people don't spread the disease. Multiple WHO studies showed the maximum spread from asymptomatic people was 2.2%.  Other studies were much lower. In March we were told they were super spreaders. Those under 18 are most often asymptomatic. That's not the same as presymptomatic. 

There is another story about NY daycare centers in the hardest hit areas of the city having virtually no transmissions. 

Good discussion. Another good article which supports your take:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/30/science/how-coronavirus-spreads.html

1 hour ago, fb247 said:

I told you I am not for it. It is just how leaders tend to lead, very cautious and thinking of everyone and every POSSIBILITY.  

Our leaders are most definitely the problem...they don’t lead, they react. They play politics, they typically don’t use logic, and they govern by fear and panic. It’s a big problem in this situation, and just in general. If they jump the gun and cancel fall sports, it will be way premature and another example of leading with irrational thinking from fear and panic.

36 minutes ago, strongx said:

“I would encourage people to pay attention to what we’re dealing with, and if you really, really want sports, football and all those things, then wear your mask and keep social distancing,” Fulmer said during a Wednesday interview on Nashville radio

Now we gotta decide between college football and dinner/drinks at Applebee’s. I’ll wear the mask and choose football. 

In todays world you really can't tell what is true and what is false until it plays out. But what I have read is that these mask do little to nothing in protection from the Covid-19 virus. The virus particles are so small they pass right through a surgical or cloth mask. The surgical mask are to loose fitting and to porous to stop the small particles. The cloth mask that almost everyone is wearing is completely useless. (think about it). The M95 mask is the best choice but it has a valve to allow you to breath out. If you already have the virus you're going to breath it out into the air through the valve. These "virus experts" know this. I wonder why they would keep telling everybody to wear mask. Could it be that they want the virus to spread for another 5 months, or until the election is over???? In 2018 there was an estimated 82,000 people died from the Flu in the United States according to the CDC. Anybody here anything about that? Do you trust the test for "Covid 19"? How come thousands of people are testing positive that have no symptoms? In New York they practically killed people on purpose to jack the death numbers up. And nobody seems alarmed. Mark my words and save this post, when the election is over and if Joe Biden wins this virus thing will disappear overnight. 

1 hour ago, strongx said:

“I would encourage people to pay attention to what we’re dealing with, and if you really, really want sports, football and all those things, then wear your mask and keep social distancing,” Fulmer said during a Wednesday interview on Nashville radio

Now we gotta decide between college football and dinner/drinks at Applebee’s. I’ll wear the mask and choose football. 

So, there it is...because Fulmer said so. He would be the perfect expert on the subject, so why believe anyone else?! Laughable and also ignorant. So, we all wear masks and save football?! First off, it’s impossible to get everyone to do one given thing. Secondly, there is zero proof that this would be a difference maker whatsoever. Meanwhile, you’ve got talk about canceling football already happening. So, is this a direct result of no masks?! That would be impossible, since we were not given enough time from now to the season to see if it does in fact help. Let’s just give up now while the panic is set in and cancel the season in June. Sure, makes total sense. Great idea. But still, it’s all about wearing masks! 

1 hour ago, WaCoJaCo said:

The virus particles are so small they pass right through a surgical or cloth mask.

Waco, airborne viruses don't just magically travel through the air without a motive force. They are attached to respiratory droplets (e.g., dust/dirt particles, moisture droplets, etc), which can be slowed/stopped by an N95 mask, surgeon's mask, or even a cheap cloth mask. This is true for COVID-19, flu, measles, chickenpox, tuberculosis, and other airborne diseases. Is it 100% effective? No, but neither is a condom.

13 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Waco, airborne viruses don't just magically travel through the air without a motive force. They are attached to respiratory droplets (e.g., dust/dirt particles, moisture droplets, etc), which can be slowed/stopped by an N95 mask, surgeon's mask, or even a cheap cloth mask. This is true for COVID-19, flu, measles, chickenpox, tuberculosis, and other airborne diseases. Is it 100% effective? No, but neither is a condom.

But first we were told masks should only be worn by health care personnel and that it was too risky for everyone else. Then, it was N95 only that actually helped and the rest did not. Now, it’s a mixed bag...some say the cheap cloth ones will absolutely not work and some say they may. This stuff is crazy. The at risk and elderly, if they venture out, should protect themselves with the best mask possible and wear them properly...makes sense! Beyond that, all bets are off. By the way, what about gloves?? Early on, it was gloves too. Now, not so much. I guess that will be the next big “mandate”. Who knows?! We are living in the twilight zone regardless, and nobody knows what to believe and who to believe.

24 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

You’re wasting your time. There isn’t a logical explanation that is going to be received. 

Edited by Sidelinehustler

• CoachT locked this topic