Donovan's 2A decade review

HTV

11 hours ago, PHSRollTide said:

Peabody played all three of those teams. By far the best I saw was Nashville Christian. They were winning 35 to 7 on at the time the defending 2a state champs by halftime. They beat Peabody 42-7 in the semifinals...

@WarEagleCartman

Union City beat that same team 35-0 the year before. 

And the funny thing about Union City, is that they’ll probably never get back to that form again. The coaching hires (especially the northern tier of WTN) has been questionable for me. Honestly, it’s a perfect time for Obion Central or South Fulton to take advantage of the “downiness” that Union City is in. Especially, the Red Devils because SF is in a easier district. I can’t say UC is in a rebuild because there no guarantees they’ll be elite...

I’m anxious to see how the 2020 decade will plan out for both Peabody and Milan, because they’ll both hopefully be elite programs from 2022 and so on... also how does SGC handle having two elite programs in Gibson Co. when the demand of talent will be scarced for them. 

7 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

And the funny thing about Union City, is that they’ll probably never get back to that form again. The coaching hires (especially the northern tier of WTN) has been questionable for me. Honestly, it’s a perfect time for Obion Central or South Fulton to take advantage of the “downiness” that Union City is in. Especially, the Red Devils because SF is in a easier district. I can’t say UC is in a rebuild because there no guarantees they’ll be elite...

I’m anxious to see how the 2020 decade will plan out for both Peabody and Milan, because they’ll both hopefully be elite programs from 2022 and so on... also how does SGC handle having two elite programs in Gibson Co. when the demand of talent will be scarced for them. 

I have noticed as UC fell. Lake County got a lot better. I think they are close enough people actually go back and forth there too. Also when UC lost their middle school coach that’s when they started to weaken originally. Just my opinion.

2 hours ago, PHSRollTide said:

I have noticed as UC fell. Lake County got a lot better. I think they are close enough people actually go back and forth there too. Also when UC lost their middle school coach that’s when they started to weaken originally. Just my opinion.

Didn't noticed that UC lost their middle school coach.

5 hours ago, PHSRollTide said:

That too lol, but let’s be honest UC started falling because they couldn’t recruit lol

• Like 1