Who wins AA in 2020-21, and why?

tssaafan

14 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Is 13 AA not playing championship and consolation either?? 

13AA is playing championship and consolation tonight. My guess is @HawkGuy06 is assuming they'll lose to Dyersburg (which I wouldn't necessarily bank on). Westview-South Gibson play in championship and Dyersburg-Crockett play in consolation. 

5 minutes ago, SportsWestTN said:

13AA is playing championship and consolation tonight. My guess is @HawkGuy06 is assuming they'll lose to Dyersburg (which I wouldn't necessarily bank on). Westview-South Gibson play in championship and Dyersburg-Crockett play in consolation. 

I seen a clip from the Crockett Westview game last night and Westview is a huge team. Hadn’t seen them this year. This snow schedule has us all playing same nights. Westview always starts playing well tournament time. South Side, Westview and Covington all three are solid.

3 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I seen a clip from the Crockett Westview game last night and Westview is a huge team. Hadn’t seen them this year. This snow schedule has us all playing same nights. Westview always starts playing well tournament time. South Side, Westview and Covington all three are solid.

Westview still has the Leyhue twins who are both over six foot, but play more as perimeter players. They have a decent post player who looks over six foot as well. Harrison is big for a point guard too. They have a lot of length, but they aren't quite as quick as they were the last few years. They have different strengths this year, but that also brings a different set of weaknesses. I'd be very interested to see them against South Side's athleticism. I'd assume Covington has quite a bit of that as well. 

When Westview plays zone they can really clog the lane with all that length. Having tall shooters is always dangerous, because it's easier for them to get shots. They certainly can cause people some problems moving forward.

4 minutes ago, SportsWestTN said:

Westview still has the Leyhue twins who are both over six foot, but play more as perimeter players. They have a decent post player who looks over six foot as well. Harrison is big for a point guard too. They have a lot of length, but they aren't quite as quick as they were the last few years. They have different strengths this year, but that also brings a different set of weaknesses. I'd be very interested to see them against South Side's athleticism. I'd assume Covington has quite a bit of that as well. 

When Westview plays zone they can really clog the lane with all that length. Having tall shooters is always dangerous, because it's easier for them to get shots. They certainly can cause people some problems moving forward.

No doubt. They caused our shooters problems the last couple of years with their size. Do think teams will full court press Westview and make them run the floor especially South Side. I don’t think you won’t to get into a half court game with Westview with that size and a D-1 PG.

6 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Yea 13AA is playing. They are play both games. They will have Thursday & Friday to get ready for Saturday, which is the first round of the regional tournament. 14AA will have 2 more days of practice. 

Good luck to you guys!! This is the time of year we all like. Man we had it taken away last year and are thankful we are playing.

32 minutes ago, SportsWestTN said:

I am definitely assuming! I do believe Dyersburg  is playing much better ball now. Before they lost to South Gibson last night, they was on a 6 game winning streak. Which one of the games they avenged an early lost to Crockett County. Crockett won the first meeting 36-33! Dyersburg then came back a few weeks ago & killed Crockett 52-24 at home. When they play it will be in Dyersburg, so that’s why I predicted my pick. Could I be wrong yea, but I will probably be correct lol outside of Westview 13AA is a toss up

4 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Good luck to you guys!! This is the time of year we all like. Man we had it taken away last year and are thankful we are playing.

Same to y’all! We definitely know  the feeling. Well this year we both get to showcase our West TN talent! 

Edited by HawkGuy06

5 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

No doubt. They caused our shooters problems the last couple of years with their size. Do think teams will full court press Westview and make them run the floor especially South Side. I don’t think you won’t to get into a half court game with Westview with that size and a D-1 PG.

Westview is smart and is capable of breaking presses, but I agree that is the way to go. Goal should be to make Harrison work her tail off for four quarters and wear her out, and force someone else on their team to beat you. 

2 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

I am definitely assuming! I do believe Dyersburg  is playing much better ball now. Before they lost to South Gibson last night, they was on a 6 game winning streak. Which one of the games they avenged an early lost to Crockett County. Crockett won the first meeting 36-33! Dyersburg then came back a few weeks ago & killed Crockett 52-24 at home. When they play it will be in Dyersburg, so that’s why I predicted my pick. Could I be wrong yea, but I will probably be correct lol outside of Westview 13AA is a toss up

2nd game against Crockett, Cavs were without most of their team due to COVID (including their coach). I think Dyersburg has a lot more talent, but when Crockett locks in defensively they can make games tight. Crockett's problem is they can't score. They just don't have any kids that you can trust to get you a bucket. Crockett wins only if they play tremendous defense and find a way to knock down some threes and get a couple cheap transition scores or a bunch of free throws. Dyersburg has a couple of kids that can get to the rack, but if you force them to shoot from outside, they really only have one or two kids that can beat you. 

21 minutes ago, SportsWestTN said:

2nd game against Crockett, Cavs were without most of their team due to COVID (including their coach). I think Dyersburg has a lot more talent, but when Crockett locks in defensively they can make games tight. Crockett's problem is they can't score. They just don't have any kids that you can trust to get you a bucket. Crockett wins only if they play tremendous defense and find a way to knock down some threes and get a couple cheap transition scores or a bunch of free throws. Dyersburg has a couple of kids that can get to the rack, but if you force them to shoot from outside, they really only have one or two kids that can beat you. 

Dyersburg is that dark horse team you definitely don’t want to let your guard down against. The consolation game will be a big game. Loser will have to play South Side at South Side and you don’t want to have to do that. The winner you likely have to go to Chester County and then likely get Westview. Not a good recipe either but at least you would have a better chance of winning a first round game to get to the semis possibly.

32 minutes ago, SportsWestTN said:

Yea I agree!