Who wins AA in 2020-21, and why?

tssaafan

42 minutes ago, BallIsLife1 said:

3! Is that all? And I i remember you saying they had none last year. So basically two years in a row they return everybody. 

Yes sir! Our junior class is tough, but our sophomore class isn’t to shabby. We have a really good freshman, so we will be here for the next 3 years at least 

• Like 1

Just now, HawkGuy06 said:

I hope you make it as well. I will be in Martin around 5, so I can get a good seat lol. Martin will be in the building. Thanks, we will need it! 

I think I saw your coaches Saturday night out eating. Those are some big guys and young. Did they both play for South Side?

1 minute ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Yes both our coaches are South Side alumni 

South Side’s coaches do a great job. Their kids will run through a brick wall. Haskins the same way at Westview. Two great programs going at it tonight. Man that is one I I would love to see. Going to be a war. Prayers to all players and fans tonight for safety!! 

52 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

South Side’s coaches do a great job. Their kids will run through a brick wall. Haskins the same way at Westview. Two great programs going at it tonight. Man that is one I I would love to see. Going to be a war. Prayers to all players and fans tonight for safety!! 

Agreed! Both are great coaches. Y’all coach is the goat of West Tn lol. It will definitely be a war but we owe them from the past, so I expect us to put it on them! Thanks for the prayers! I hope & pray that everybody stays healthy! Blessings to y’all tonight & prayers for player safety! 

Edited by HawkGuy06

9 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Agreed! Both are great coaches. Y’all coach is the goat of West Tn lol. It will definitely be a war but we owe them from the past, so I expect us to put it on them! Thanks for the prayers! I hope & pray that everybody stays healthy! Blessings to y’all tonight & prayers for player safety! 

That is right Hawk!!  GC is proud to have Coach Wilkins. He has had a great year and a great career at GC. He is a worker. He is like Nick Saban. Grass don’t grow around him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BallIsLife1 said:

@SportsWestTN @HawkGuy06 @pioneer42

What do you all know about Region 8AA?

I think Fayette Ware and Covington are the two teams left in that Region.

Haven't seen either this year. Saw FW the last few season, though, and they weren't very good. Must have improved a bit this year. They opened the year losing by 15 to Westview, so that is a point of reference. 

Covington has dominated that district, but it is historically a weaker district. Not having District 16 in the mix hurts this regions chances. Normally you have a team out of Memphis that can pose a problem. Melrose made it to the Glass House last year.

I've heard Covington has some talented players and good speed. Covington has beaten FW three times already this season, each time by double digits. Covington made state two years ago, putting out a South Side team that wasn't at full strength. Played Westview close in Substate last year. 

Personally, I think 7AA will get both teams in. Covington is good enough to pull off an upset, but both Westview or South Side would be favored. It'd be a big time upset if Fayette Ware knocked off SS or WV. 

16 minutes ago, BallIsLife1 said:

@SportsWestTN @HawkGuy06 @pioneer42

What do you all know about Region 8AA?

I think Fayette Ware and Covington are the two teams left in that Region.

Covington has a good five and is pretty solid. Fayette Ware is talented but young I here. Covington and Westview plays similar styles at least when they play us. They are athletic enough to press and play fast but we seem to get in lower scoring half court games. Covington has a solid PG who will play in college and they also have a solid post so they are a quality team.