COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

1 hour ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

I do not know you so I have no faith in your " IMO. " Not to be mean just using common sense. I do hope you are right in that in 4 months we can all see better days.

Best of luck to the SWARM!

Pretty simple Willie. Stay indoors and hunker down if your skeert. Let the rest of us make our own (non politically motivated) decisions and let us eat our own crow, die of coronavirus, or whatever. We don't need liberal schmucks deciding our family's fate. We're alot more worried about our children than they pretend to be anyway. 

Check back around December if you want. We'll compare notes. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, BatmanLives said:

I 100% agree that time will tell going forward.Four months is a very long time  and who knows what that will be.I hope you are correct and we are all laughing about how stupid people were way back in july.That said,five months ago today the us had it's first covid death.Just over four months ago we lost the 1000th.I truly hope we can look back and say exactly what you think is going to be said .I however think we had better be very smart going forward or there truly will be a lot of talk about being stupid.

You're scared. I understand.  Go to the lowest level of your home until December then everything will be okay. Tbe rest of is would like to continue on raising our families without having non substantiated fear being peddled like door knocking roof or encyclopedia salesman. That's all. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

That would cause Maryville to lose three games off the schedule if that happened. I'm afraid we're going to have teams with only two or three games to play in an eleven week period because of possible outbreaks and towns ran by the village idiot that won't allow football if they can do it.

No doubt Barney. Tbe circus will be on full display. We know it's coming. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Swarm said:

You're scared. I understand.  Go to the lowest level of your home until December then everything will be okay. Tbe rest of is would like to continue on raising our families without having non substantiated fear being peddled like door knocking roof or encyclopedia salesman. That's all. 

Yep , I have always been scared.

22 minutes ago, Swarm said:

Pretty simple Willie. Stay indoors and hunker down if your skeert. Let the rest of us make our own (non politically motivated) decisions and let us eat our own crow, die of coronavirus, or whatever. We don't need liberal schmucks deciding our family's fate. We're alot more worried about our children than they pretend to be anyway. 

Check back around December if you want. We'll compare notes. 

Willie, in his case, has a good reason to be concerned. I wouldn’t call it irrational fear. 

Edited by Sidelinehustler

54 minutes ago, BatmanLives said:

I 100% agree that time will tell going forward.Four months is a very long time  and who knows what that will be.I hope you are correct and we are all laughing about how stupid people were way back in july.That said,five months ago today the us had it's first covid death.Just over four months ago we lost the 1000th.I truly hope we can look back and say exactly what you think is going to be said .I however think we had better be very smart going forward or there truly will be a lot of talk about being stupid.

Fact is every death was being attributed to Covid for first couple months.  Just like now you have people taking tests and testing positive 15-20 times and they count each one as a new infected person. 

Also the Covid pandemic gets vastly better after election , especially if the Dems steal the election.  Remember when Bush was president we were updates every single day of the numbers of deaths in Iraq.  Once Obama won that all went away!!!

i am at high risk. And I am scared.  But I don't know if it is because the media has brain washed me with fake news or if threat is real.  And that is the real problem!!

Edited by BooWhoWiseMan

3 minutes ago, Sidelinehustler said:

Willie, in his case, has a good reason to be concerned. I wouldn’t call it irrational fear. 

Is it rational to shut the state down over Willie's situation? No disrespect to  Willie's situation intended. 

Let's keep things in perspective here. 

Just now, Swarm said:

Is it rational to shut the state down over Willie's situation? No disrespect to  Willie's situation intended. 

Let's keep things in perspective here. 

I do not believe it should be canceled. I am sure you meant it in a joking manner. However, there has been constant use of the term “ scared” or “afraid” in what I see as an attempt to silence different opinions. I think that’s as far from keeping things “in perspective” as I can imagine. Again, I favor starting the season. 

15 minutes ago, Sidelinehustler said:

I do not believe it should be canceled. I am sure you meant it in a joking manner. However, there has been constant use of the term “ scared” or “afraid” in what I see as an attempt to silence different opinions. I think that’s as far from keeping things “in perspective” as I can imagine. Again, I favor starting the season. 

If Covid has anyone concerned, scared, or afraid of their normal activities then they should take individual precautions. The problem is many of the concerned, scared, afraid crowd want a government leader to mandate everyone Take the precautions they fear they need to take. It’s not enough for someone to avoid an event they think is dangerous they want to cancel the event for everyone. 

As the meme says: Covid has turned fear into a virtue. Those who are afraid feel as though they are better people than those unafraid and will subconsciously look for ways to multiply fear because it’s their virtue. 

• CoachT locked this topic