COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

I'm thankful it's not as hard on the young folks since I have three in their 20's to 30's.It's their grandparents and us older folks that will be impacted the most if it comes home.I'm like many of you and have had a good life.I'm good to go if it's covid, lightning or something in-between. I've had my days of challenging four guys to a fight and being 10 foot tall and bullet proof.That said, I'm also a little on the greedy side and would like to stay around for a few more football seasons.It,s just common sense to take every precaution while living your life to the max.

4 minutes ago, BatmanLives said:

I'm thankful it's not as hard on the young folks since I have three in their 20's to 30's.It's their grandparents and us older folks that will be impacted the most if it comes home.I'm like many of you and have had a good life.I'm good to go if it's covid, lightning or something in-between. I've had my days of challenging four guys to a fight and being 10 foot tall and bullet proof.That said, I'm also a little on the greedy side and would like to stay around for a few more football seasons.It,s just common sense to take every precaution while living your life to the max.

Yep, the people "at home" who may be at risk should probably take extra precautions to protect themselves...and it can absolutely be done. It's not rocket science...it's just simple, smart and safe precautions to avoid getting in close range with people or getting possible viral particles projected in your face. Masks, face guards, distancing, handwashing, Vitamin D and C, etc., seem to all be reasonable for those people who are worried and may be at risk in their homes. Again, it's very doable.

29 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

Yep, the people "at home" who may be at risk should probably take extra precautions to protect themselves...and it can absolutely be done. It's not rocket science...it's just simple, smart and safe precautions to avoid getting in close range with people or getting possible viral particles projected in your face. Masks, face guards, distancing, handwashing, Vitamin D and C, etc., seem to all be reasonable for those people who are worried and may be at risk in their homes. Again, it's very doable.

Yep,if everyone would do their part it's definitely going to help.Problem is some people in the school system and around town are not getting the message.Atleast hear in NET.

Edited by BatmanLives

Moving on now that full practice has been approved and the season will start on time, there is the strong recommendation from the TSSAA that schools sell tickets up to only a fourth or third of their stadium's capacity.  That won't be a big issue at some schools, but I've already thought about games like Gallatin at Station Camp, Gallatin at Hendersonville, and Beech at Gallatin.  With that stipulation in place, you could potentially have more fans trying to see the game OUTSiDE the fences than inside.  Just thinking ahead.

Edited by GREENWAVE84EG

8 minutes ago, GREENWAVE84EG said:

Moving on now that full practice has been approved and the season will start on time, there is the strong recommendation from the TSSAA that schools sell tickets up to only a fourth or third of their stadium's capacity.  That won't be a big issue at some schools, but I've already thought about games like Gallatin at Station Camp, Gallatin at Hendersonville, and Beech at Gallatin.  With that stipulation in place, you could potentially have more fans trying to see the game OUTSiDE the fences than inside.  Just thinking ahead.

Pay per view broadcasting.  It's done at every travel sport tournament so it can easily be done on a high school football game.  No risk of exposure from others AND you get concessions from your own fridge. 

13 hours ago, chsbobcat09 said:

This ^ is 100% correct. I’m sorry but if anyone out there actually believes all the “Corona deaths” are solely because the person had the Coronavirus your living in a dream world. Lesson I learned a LONG time ago, Don’t believe everything your hear on TV :thumb:

or Google! Or Facebook or Twitter or........

50 minutes ago, GREENWAVE84EG said:

Agree. Also, the one thing that is not being mentioned...later in the season, restricted access may be more and more minimal. Based on the trending numbers, we could be in much better shape to allow more fans by October and November. 

Just now, BarneySox2007 said:

Those things they use to test your temperature actually erase your memory. I went to the courthouse today to get my new auto tags and after climbing three sets of stairs I forgot what I went there for and came on back home.

Or the government actually stole your memory...haha!! This could be in addition to stolen identities, stolen cellphone data, or stolen healthcare info. Let the conspiracy begin...just sayin! Ha!

17 hours ago, sportsguy22 said:

Trying to breathe?!! World class athletes? There has been zero reports of that! Zero. Most are asymptomatic and some have mild symptoms and are back in a week or two. Please don’t spread lies like this on here.

A good friend of mine had this analogy (BTW, he is a microbiologist). 

"Catching Covid is a bad thing but I think it's worse for athletes. See, Athletes train a lot and their bodies are tuned for performance. That is good for them as it makes them perform better. BUT all that training had a adverse effect too. Its like a formula racecar vs an old ford pickup. Yes, the racecar is faster and performs better than the truck but if you pull one of the spark plug wires on the racecar, it's performance goes further down the scale than if you pull one of the truck sparkplug wires. That's why when one of these athletes goes down with an injury, the same injury to you and me wouldn't be as bad on us."

so dont be an ahole and come back with a smart #### remark. He is entitled to his opinion as you are to yours. As Thumpers' dad said to him, "If you can't say nuffin nice, dont say nuffin at all"

• CoachT locked this topic