COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

Just now, Mavericksinflight said:

I do not live under a rock. LOL Your right it could be more. So take those stats with a grain of salt. Wash it it down with some kool aid. LOL Who knows swarm but if this hits home too hard then we will all know and believe.

If a frog had wings...   

These kids are all hanging around with each other doing what kids do RIGHT NOW. They ain't dying. Getting tackled ain't i going to change it IMO.  Time will tell. That's the beauty of all this. In 4 months everyone will see how stupid all of this is/was. At least that's my opinion. Let's see. 

6 minutes ago, Swarm said:

If a frog had wings...   

These kids are all hanging around with each other doing what kids do RIGHT NOW. They ain't dying. Getting tackled ain't i going to change it IMO.  Time will tell. That's the beauty of all this. In 4 months everyone will see how stupid all of this is/was. At least that's my opinion. Let's see. 

No you could be right. And I am your biggest fan. Let's just get football started and prove all are wrong.

On another topic:

If they don't have fans they can still make money via pay per view. Probably more. But not like being at the game.

2 hours ago, Swarm said:

Without a doubt 

That would cause Maryville to lose three games off the schedule if that happened. I'm afraid we're going to have teams with only two or three games to play in an eleven week period because of possible outbreaks and towns ran by the village idiot that won't allow football if they can do it.

1 hour ago, Swarm said:

If a frog had wings...   

I do not know you so I have no faith in your " IMO. " Not to be mean just using common sense. I do hope you are right in that in 4 months we can all see better days.

Best of luck to the SWARM!

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, mondo44 said:

Now they have informed the TSSAA that they think they can resume practicing by Aug 10th.  This is going to be a mess. 

I thought the TSSAA said three weeks of practice before you could play.  I thought that was a key part of the hybrid model.

49 minutes ago, mondo44 said:

Now they have informed the TSSAA that they think they can resume practicing by Aug 10th.  This is going to be a mess. 

Why is it going to be a mess? If they resume by then, they should be ready for Week 1 or at least Week 2. Should not be the end of the world as some are suggesting.

2 hours ago, Swarm said:

If a frog had wings...   

I 100% agree that time will tell going forward.Four months is a very long time  and who knows what that will be.I hope you are correct and we are all laughing about how stupid people were way back in july.That said,five months ago today the us had it's first covid death.Just over four months ago we lost the 1000th.I truly hope we can look back and say exactly what you think is going to be said .I however think we had better be very smart going forward or there truly will be a lot of talk about being stupid.

52 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

Why is it going to be a mess? If they resume by then, they should be ready for Week 1 or at least Week 2. Should not be the end of the world as some are suggesting.

If Knoxville says no ball till after Labor Day that’s going to be a problem. Bad enough with Metro. I would also bet Memphis (liberal) will follow. Regardless what side anyone is on, that’s definitely a recipe for a mess. 

• CoachT locked this topic