COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

1 minute ago, Djohnson said:

I’m not letting myself get excited. At least Gov Bill is letting them getting some practice in. Games won’t happen

Check your spelling. Check your grammar. Check your facts. Your continued negativity and fear mongering is useless and shameful. Enough!

1 hour ago, sportsguy22 said:

Medical background? What does that have to do with anything? 

True.....some show that having training and studies in anything medical doesn't amount to much. Dontya just love a keyboard doctor...or lawyer....or.......

Edited by tj3775
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, mondo44 said:

Metro Nashville just put everything on hold for all public and private schools until at least Labor Day

Of course they did because at the end if their day its about blue vs Red. 

Kids, careers, futures be darned. I hope the scum reaps what they sew. Biggest hoax in American history!

I wouldn't be surprised to see the puke fest in Williamson County following suit shortly. It's time for the people to stand up!

Edited by Swarm
  • Like 1

I can't wait until the first game.... I am wondering if the Covid19 virus will have any effect with overall team participation. 

Taking into consideration parents not allowing there children to play this year. I am sure it will happen, maybe few and far between. But this could potentially impact some team standing in the state (Depending on player etc.)  Among so many other variables in this crises. I can just imagine the weekly AP top 10 juggling and the accuracy. 

21 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

I can't wait until the first game.... I am wondering if the Covid19 virus will have any effect with overall team participation. 

Taking into consideration parents not allowing there children to play this year. I am sure it will happen, maybe few and far between. But this could potentially impact some team standing in the state (Depending on player etc.)  Among so many other variables in this crises. I can just imagine the weekly AP top 10 juggling and the accuracy. 

You won't see many starters parents holding them back IMO. The cats outta the bag. This is all political. No kids will die from the coronavirus because they played football.

But you can bet there will be idiots galore preaching doom and gloom. It seems pretty simple to me. If you're worried make your kid sit in the house and watch CNN. If you aren't and are prepared to take (near zero) risk, let them play. The consequences are on you. Not the State, not the school,  not the stupererintendent. Hold harmless... that freakin simple. 

Let's play football!

Edited by Swarm
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Swarm said:

You won't see many starters parents holding them back IMO. The cats outta the bag. This is all political. No kids will die from the coronavirus because they played football.

But you can bet there will be idiots galore preaching doom and gloom. It seems pretty simple to me. If you're worried make your kid sit in the house and watch CNN. If you aren't and are prepared to take (near zero) risk, let them play. The consequences are on you. Not the State, not the school,  not the stupererintendent. Hold harmless... that freakin simple. 

Let's play football!

Exactly right! It is not going away but it is weakening. Play ball!  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Swarm said:

Let's play football!

Over 150,000 people have died. I would understand any parents concern.  Of course some High school football players may have an underlying medical condition. I would not condemn the parents for there decision. Without any underlying condition with my child, I agree, I think I would play them too! While I watch CNN and Fox News LOL

Seriously this virus is deadly in the aged and something we should all be concerned with. We should have never let it get this bad!

If Metro chooses not to play then that is 100% on them.  It shouldn't impact other schools around the state.  Let's play football!  If we can go back to school and have kids interact in buildings with 500-2,000 of their peers then we can allow those same kids the right to play sports with their peers.  If I had a kid who played football or soccer and I lived in Nashville he/she would have the opportunity to play sports.  

• CoachT locked this topic