COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

11 hours ago, Swarm said:

I'll sure give it to you. Right, wrong, or indifferent. This mess has gotten outta hand. It's gotten downright ridiculous. I'm just the fella that's here to tell everyone about it.  

Coming from a guy who struggled with high school biology and never took chemistry.  

13 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I agree. Liberal cities that want to wait around  need to be counted as forfeits if they won’t play. Same people that were OK with riots are not OK with football.. 

Right you cant have a football game with social distancing and masks but you can have a 30,000 people shoulder to shoulder protest and looting after. Nice work Nashville lol. 

47 minutes ago, Salem said:

The virus' RNA sequence was made public by China in early January. This is a respiratory virus. This is  SARS-Cov2. We have tons of background on many other coronaviruses including SARS-Cov1. The virus spreads much like the cold or flu. Data on cold and flu transmission is decades old. There is some debate on whether it's truly airborne or only only spread via droplets in the air. Not a huge difference. There is no excuse for the inconsistency and contradictory information from our top epidemiologists over the last 3 months. 

Boy, I guess this really was a no-nevermind. I'm glad someone on the T has a full understanding of what we are dealing with. The Mayo Clinic needs to give Salem a call...

Without getting into the debate over the information provided by the Chinese, the entire free world has been trying to better understand this virus for months. Here in the US, we obviously know more than we did 4-5 months ago, from an epidemiology standpoint. But from a virology standpoint, we still have a very limited understanding. That inconsistent (and contradictory) info you mentioned is a direct product of the scientific method (i.e., trying to fully understand/characterize this virus and its effects on the body). The scientific method forces you to evolve your hypotheses (in this case, your methods of mitigation) as your data changes/improves/evolves.

The fact that people are still criticizing and berating medical professionals for adjusting their expert opinion(s), as the information at their disposal evolves, is both laughable and telling. I can't even imagine what it must be like to be an MD in this internet/social media age. I guess if Google says I have cancer, it must be true!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Boy, I guess this really was a no-nevermind. I'm glad someone on the T has a full understanding of what we are dealing with. The Mayo Clinic needs to give Salem a call...

Without getting into the debate over the information provided by the Chinese, the entire free world has been trying to better understand this virus for months. Here in the US, we obviously know more than we did 4-5 months ago, from an epidemiology standpoint. But from a virology standpoint, we still have a very limited understanding. That inconsistent (and contradictory) info you mentioned is a direct product of the scientific method (i.e., trying to fully understand/characterize this virus and its effects on the body). The scientific method forces you to evolve your hypotheses (in this case, your methods of mitigation) as your data changes/improves/evolves.

The fact that people are still criticizing and berating medical professionals for adjusting their expert opinion(s), as the information at their disposal evolves, is both laughable and telling. I can't even imagine what it must be like to be an MD in this internet/social media age. I guess if Google says I have cancer, it must be true!

Very simple question...why does he not practice what he preaches??? This, my friend, is the most telling thing we can ever see with our own eyes. It doesn’t matter how much you shield for him and his agenda. Also, it will be extremely telling what the “experts” and media say and do after the election. Extremely telling!! 

6 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

Very simple question...why does he not practice what he preaches??? This, my friend, is the most telling thing we can ever see with our own eyes. It doesn’t matter how much you shield for him and his agenda. Also, it will be extremely telling what the “experts” and media say and do after the election. Extremely telling!! 

22, I wish I knew the answer to that. Awful look, that's for sure.

The only thing I will add is that Fauci is just one of MANY medical professionals (local, state, federal ) who are making recommendations, and I hope the others are practicing what they are preaching.

36 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

It is hysterical if you think the inconsistency is from the scientific method. Masks don't affect the virology. We are dealing with transmission. Asian countries have long ago gone with the mask hypothesis. Multiple studies have shown they are ineffective, had no effect, or increased transmission depending on the user. 

The post I responded to made the assertion we were dealing with a virus that was completely unknown in our country until March. That isn't true. The below article shows it's possible that the virus has been around far longer and no one was panicking. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11565077/fears-coronavirus-europe-october-french-athletes-military-games-wuhan/

Fact is people are criticizing, berating, and erasing medical professionals who don't repeat the same ideas that Fauci does. Imagine being a doctor with experience with Covid Patients (Fauci has zero) and Dr. Facebook, Dr Youtube, and Dr Twitter scrub any video you put out.

If you want to think this is some brand new, supernatural virus that the genius Dr Fauci is hard at work on and it's only a matter of time before he gives you his vaccine and saves the world go ahead. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

22, I wish I knew the answer to that. Awful look, that's for sure.

The only thing I will add is that Fauci is just one of MANY medical professionals (local, state, federal ) who are making recommendations, and I hope the others are practicing what they are preaching.

We agree on that for sure!

4 minutes ago, Salem said:

If you want to think this is some brand new, supernatural virus that the genius Dr Fauci is hard at work on and it's only a matter of time before he gives you his vaccine and saves the world go ahead.

I'm not trying to single out or defend Fauci. Maybe it was my poor attempt, but I was making a broader point about the general public (and some on the T), who seem to think they know better than the large swath of medical professionals out there who are knee deep in this.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

I'm not trying to single out or defend Fauci. Maybe it was my poor attempt, but I was making a broader point about the general public (and some on the T), who seem to think they know better than the large swath of medical professionals out there who are knee deep in this.

I'll take my information from a medical professional opposed to some on the T who barely passed biology in high school (if they even took it at all)

Anyone one the T major in Science while attending college?

10 minutes ago, TeeterTot2 said:

I'll take my information from a medical professional opposed to some on the T who barely passed biology in high school (if they even took it at all)

Anyone one the T major in Science while attending college?

I'll tip my hand.

Degree in mechanical engineering and another in nuclear engineering.

2 hours ago, osunut2 said:

• CoachT locked this topic