COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

3 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:
A source is a source of course of course
And no one can talk to a source of course.
That is of course unless the source
Is the famous Mister Ed!
Go right to the source and ask the source.
He'll give you the answer that you'll endorse
He's always on a steady course.
Talk to Mister Ed!

I just saw the story concerning Texas high school football again. The source who said they would play football this season was a member of the UIL. The TSSAA is our version of the UIL

On 6/24/2020 at 3:58 PM, LTCB said:

Tennessee Health Commissioner Lisa Piercey said the Unified Command Group, which oversees the state’s ongoing coronavirus response efforts, identified Wilson and Hamblen counties as new COVID-19 hot spots because of a rise in virus cases and deaths.

It's not the masks its the fact that the county has been designated as a hot spot and may impact Wilson County Athletics due to a risk avoidance mentality.  Shelby County took it one step further and regressed back to Phase 1 business plan model.

It is best to approach this as a macro issue and not just football.  The players interact throughout the community.  We saw 2 programs in Middle Tennessee last week report players and one coach testing positive.  (I know what is the big deal it is the dead period) Yes they practice outdoor and play outdoor but they don't go to Wal-Mart outdoor or walk around in a bubble isolated from the population.

As a fan I am encouraged by everyone's optimism, as a coach I am pessimistic that things will be back to normal when school starts. 

Shelby County is still in Phase 2. They just added some modifications to it.

10 minutes ago, Salem said:

No way. The numbers they are 100% accurate! :roflol:

Of course they are! When someone says something like that, you know they have an agenda. The numbers game is gradually falling flat. We all have to stand firm and focus on the facts, otherwise those with agendas will try to push us around.

I wish that there was a way to keep the conversation about high school athletics.  The politics, conspiracy theories, media good vs media bad, etc. is getting old.  Maybe those of you that want to continue beating dead horses should just exchange emails and communicate that way.  

1 minute ago, mjuhb said:

So did Florida's numbers go down leading up to the 4th of July like your linked conspiracy story claimed they would or did they skyrocket? Fake News Alert!

2 minutes ago, Joyful95 said:

I wish that there was a way to keep the conversation about high school athletics.  The politics, conspiracy theories, media good vs media bad, etc. is getting old.  Maybe those of you that want to continue beating dead horses should just exchange emails and communicate that way.  

I do as well but what are we going to talk about? No one can report on spring scrimmage results or preseason practices. Who do you think will win your region? Who knows? TSSAA has put out zero new info and doesn't appear to be making their case in the media. The governor just made a comment today for the first time since his order wrecked the football and soccer seasons.  Posts on the virus mixed with politics have been the only thing driving this site since mid March. 

The virus chaos is what is holding up football! It is essential we deal with it to get to the season. I don’t consider that political at all. Our thoughts and opinions represent this, which is what we are unfortunately stuck with currently. We all want some football to discuss soon and I think we are going to get there soon!

15 minutes ago, Joyful95 said:

No we can talk about politics as long as we all agree. But when someone starts challenging that point of view with actual facts instead foxnews facts. You all start saying we need to stick to football. 

Fact, the reason why we are in this mess is cause we Don Not Have A National Plan To Combat Covid-19 Period. You know why we don’t have a national plan. Because Trump thinks any plan will damage his chances of getting re-elected. 

• CoachT locked this topic