COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

2 hours ago, strongx said:

Do the kids play in Sumner County if they test positive but have minor symptoms? In other words, they feel good enough to carry the ball 8-10 times? Are their statewide guidelines or is it just like a cold or bug where it’s up to the kid and coach?

If you test positive, to my knowledge, you are out 14 days.  

24 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

I'm curious to hear those details too. The Sumner County Schools superintendent said Friday that SCS doesn't plan to publicly share the details of their fall semester plan until "mid-July."

It has already been released, but I do not have a link. 

37 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Yes, I saw a plan on a teachers other social media site.  It was laid out in green, yellow and red the different status of outbreak and what to expect.  It was much more detailed.  

11 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

Yes, I saw a plan on a teachers other social media site.  It was laid out in green, yellow and red the different status of outbreak and what to expect.  It was much more detailed.  

GWAVE, a bit off topic, but I thought you’d like this. Hope you’re doing well...

17 hours ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Personally I feel like the TSSAA should step up and show some leadership and make a plan for all of its members.  Treat Covid like an injury.  If a player tests positive the. They are out for 14 days.   no different than the concussion protocol etc.  I understand they cannot force counties to allow athletics to participate but they can have a plan if atheltics is allowed.  Stop passing the buck and eat the money you have been taking from schools for years.  

You and I think alike on this matter. TSSAA has dodged any and all responsibility to denote leadership and coordination on the topic, yet still reserves the right to police what and when they choose, as in Montgomery County.

On 6/21/2020 at 9:48 AM, strongx said:

Other than starting back, what is the plan at your school? I’ve not had much luck finding out the plan in our system. I believe this effort is all a waste without a plan to follow. When kids/coaches test positive, and they will, what then? 2 kids? 10 kids? 20 kids? Does it matter? Is there agreement to reschedule region games due to “high” numbers on one team? Forfeits? How long do positive kids have sit out, or do they? If everyone had an agreed to plan, I think we would have a better chance of pulling this season off-which would be great! Without plans, I see panic and closures again. All I hear is we are working on a plan and following T$$AA guidelines. Then I hear T$$AA is deferring to individual school systems. It sounds a lot like passing the buck.

There's no "hard and fast" policy in place, and probably won't be publicly until shortly before day one. With the absence of any cohesive statewide leadership, we're planning to restart as normal because it's too early to know what guidelines will be in place when school reconvenes. Tentative plans for most likely scenarios are being addressed, yet will surely be modified as the situation changes. As silly as it sounds, planning to restart "as normal" is the platform from which you can adjust to unforeseen circumstances and directives, which are bound to change before the student's first day back. Being well prepared for several possibilities is the goal.

They need to cancel all fall sports in High school and college. It’s is starting to spread like crazy. I hate it but that is the responsible thing to do until they learn more about it and hopefully get a vaccine. Tennessee government is not that stupid to put sports over human life. 

56 minutes ago, Djohnson said:

They need to cancel all fall sports in High school and college. It’s is starting to spread like crazy. I hate it but that is the responsible thing to do until they learn more about it and hopefully get a vaccine. Tennessee government is not that stupid to put sports over human life. 

Death cases are down 90%! People are getting tested in wide numbers now obviously but people testing positive are largely asymptomatic. The media shamefully is not reporting the facts and speaking the truth. It is a political game that is out of control at this point. The case count increase is meaningless! It’s all about the hospitalizations and deaths, and both rates are plummeting! That is fantastic news but the media will not report it in most circumstances. Pathetic! A vaccine is not the answer regardless. It may or may not work, and half the population will not get the shot anyway. That is a media talking point sadly. We have to live with this just like the flu...in a smart and safe way! Bring on football season! Cannot wait! Then, we can leave all this stupid fear and panic in the past! :)

1 hour ago, Djohnson said:

I'm going to play the role of "God" for a second.  I'm going to say that we get this news throughout the fall.  If Joe Biden is elected President of the United States then you can expect the COVID-19 "scare" to magically fade away.  If Donald Trump is elected President for a second term then there will not be a solution for at least the next 4 years and that will prompt more "panic" and of course the media will continue to stir the pot and instigate more rioting and chaos nationwide.  

37 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

Death cases are down 90%! People are getting tested in wide numbers now obviously but people testing positive are largely asymptomatic. The media shamefully is not reporting the facts and speaking the truth. It is a political game that is out of control at this point. The case count increase is meaningless! It’s all about the hospitalizations and deaths, and both rates are plummeting! That is fantastic news but the media will not report it in most circumstances. Pathetic! A vaccine is not the answer regardless. It may or may not work, and half the population will not get the shot anyway. That is a media talking point sadly. We have to live with this just like the flu...in a smart and safe way! Bring on football season! Cannot wait! Then, we can leave all this stupid fear and panic in the past! :)

I hope we have a football season.  A fall without high school and college football season just would not feel the same.  I find it shameful that so many people cannot and will not see what the media of this country is trying to do.  Mass chaos and panic gets them "viewer ratings".  I refuse to watch the news because I know it's so biased nowadays.  

• Like 1

• CoachT locked this topic