COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

4 hours ago, MidStateFan1 said:

Movie theaters are about to open up, so you are wrong on that. Obviously, you either don't know about the economic impact no football would cause or you simply don't care. For example, if we don't have a football season, everyone who works for the T$$AA will most  likely be out of a job. Most people are more likely to die in a car crash, than die from COVID 19. Should we ban people driving??? That would technically save lives. 

Yes. Some should definitely be banned from driving.

7 hours ago, MidStateFan1 said:

Movie theaters are about to open up, so you are wrong on that. Obviously, you either don't know about the economic impact no football would cause or you simply don't care. For example, if we don't have a football season, everyone who works for the T$$AA will most  likely be out of a job. Most people are more likely to die in a car crash, than die from COVID 19. Should we ban people driving??? That would technically save lives. 

Dave Portnoy of Barstool sports says NFL is playing on Tucker Carlson tonight. Seemed very confident. 

On 6/19/2020 at 8:28 AM, fb247 said:

I agree with a personal choice. I just see this being a much bigger decision. Individual school systems are going to make the decision for school opening and sports. I see some counties having school and sports as normal and some not. I do hope for schools and sports happening.

You frequently end your posts with an optimistic desire for school and intermural sports to resume on schedule, yet the doom and gloom content of almost every comment on the matter has me guessing that you're either some liberal troll with a hidden agenda, or the most negative, fearful, and unhappy human being alive. Let me explain exactly how "my" school system is approaching this situation... we are planning to proceed as if CV-19 never happened, with contingencies in place to address the current restrictions as directed by state and local authorities, including the TSSAA (for athletics). If our situation changes, we will adapt to follow whatever we are advised/directed to do to reasonably protect everyone involved. Each and every individual has the option not to "expose" themselves if our measures aren't satisfactory to meet their own expectations of a safe environment.

5 hours ago, tradertwo said:

You frequently end your posts with an optimistic desire for school and intermural sports to resume on schedule, yet the doom and gloom content of almost every comment on the matter has me guessing that you're either some liberal troll with a hidden agenda, or the most negative, fearful, and unhappy human being alive. Let me explain exactly how "my" school system is approaching this situation... we are planning to proceed as if CV-19 never happened, with contingencies in place to address the current restrictions as directed by state and local authorities, including the TSSAA (for athletics). If our situation changes, we will adapt to follow whatever we are advised/directed to do to reasonably protect everyone involved. Each and every individual has the option not to "expose" themselves if our measures aren't satisfactory to meet their own expectations of a safe environment.

No. I want to play football as bad as anyone.  But I have talked with coaches across the state and other states and they all say the possibility of no sports is there. School systems have plans to reopen but the plans have alternatives that are not conducive for sports.Pro sports have uncertainties as do college. I know you see cases appearing where teams have gotten back practicing.  The liberals are the administrations and leaders in government and schools that will make the decisions . I just know that the possibility is there and keep letting it be known. Just being realistic and you should too.

Edited by fb247

17 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Other than starting back, what is the plan at your school? I’ve not had much luck finding out the plan in our system. I believe this effort is all a waste without a plan to follow. When kids/coaches test positive, and they will, what then? 2 kids? 10 kids? 20 kids? Does it matter? Is there agreement to reschedule region games due to “high” numbers on one team? Forfeits? How long do positive kids have sit out, or do they? If everyone had an agreed to plan, I think we would have a better chance of pulling this season off-which would be great! Without plans, I see panic and closures again. All I hear is we are working on a plan and following T$$AA guidelines. Then I hear T$$AA is deferring to individual school systems. It sounds a lot like passing the buck.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, strongx said:

Other than starting back, what is the plan at your school? I’ve not had much luck finding out the plan in our system. I believe this effort is all a waste without a plan to follow. When kids/coaches test positive, and they will, what then? 2 kids? 10 kids? 20 kids? Does it matter? Is there agreement to reschedule region games due to “high” numbers on one team? Forfeits? How long do positive kids have sit out, or do they? If everyone had an agreed to plan, I think we would have a better chance of pulling this season off-which would be great! Without plans, I see panic and closures again. All I hear is we are working on a plan and following T$$AA guidelines. Then I hear T$$AA is deferring to individual school systems. It sounds a lot like passing the buck.

There is a ton of passing the buck, although I don't envy those who have to make these decisions within each school system. I'm confident that plans are being drawn up, but in large systems like Knox County, anything other than a return to normal will be a logistical nightmare. And it's all being debated in the dark with little transparency.

We are 6 weeks away from August. I still hope that by the end of June, the public has some idea of what to expect when school does start, but parents and KCS staff members have been told nothing at this point.

Edited by osunut2

21 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Sumner Co has a plan as well.  If others don’t, that is their fault. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

Sumner Co has a plan as well.  If others don’t, that is their fault. 

Do the kids play in Sumner County if they test positive but have minor symptoms? In other words, they feel good enough to carry the ball 8-10 times? Are their statewide guidelines or is it just like a cold or bug where it’s up to the kid and coach?

1 hour ago, strongx said:

Do the kids play in Sumner County if they test positive but have minor symptoms? In other words, they feel good enough to carry the ball 8-10 times? Are their statewide guidelines or is it just like a cold or bug where it’s up to the kid and coach?

I'm curious to hear those details too. The Sumner County Schools superintendent said Friday that SCS doesn't plan to publicly share the details of their fall semester plan until "mid-July."

Edited by osunut2

Personally I feel like the TSSAA should step up and show some leadership and make a plan for all of its members.  Treat Covid like an injury.  If a player tests positive the. They are out for 14 days.   no different than the concussion protocol etc.  I understand they cannot force counties to allow athletics to participate but they can have a plan if atheltics is allowed.  Stop passing the buck and eat the money you have been taking from schools for years.  

The TSSAA should treat all of its member schools equally.  It's ironic that every single time a message has to be sent to get everyone's attention it always happens to schools like Grundy County or Cannon County.  

You don't see it happening to the "blue blood" programs around the state.

• CoachT locked this topic