COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

1 hour ago, howdoitknow said:

I'm going to play the role of "God" for a second.  I'm going to say that we get this news throughout the fall.  If Joe Biden is elected President of the United States then you can expect the COVID-19 "scare" to magically fade away.  If Donald Trump is elected President for a second term then there will not be a solution for at least the next 4 years and that will prompt more "panic" and of course the media will continue to stir the pot and instigate more rioting and chaos nationwide.  

I hope we have a football season.  A fall without high school and college football season just would not feel the same.  I find it shameful that so many people cannot and will not see what the media of this country is trying to do.  Mass chaos and panic gets them "viewer ratings".  I refuse to watch the news because I know it's so biased nowadays.  

I am not going to watch the news either. I will just stay on coacht and get your updates. Please don't try to play God either, way out of your skill set.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ecu said:

It is all political at this point. If we followed the science , we would go on with our lives. Very, very few are dying from this especially the young. Death rates continue to fall. Play ball!

When TSSAA earns their money and declares no fall sports don't be upset .Their decision will be what is best for everyone,  coaches, fans, cheerleaders,  band, concession and any other workers, and not just the few dying from covid 19 especially any young athletes who some have underlying health concerns also.  So if a few people,young or old, die as a result of playing football then it was worth it.

Edited by fb247

26 minutes ago, fb247 said:

When TSSAA earns their money and declares no fall sports don't be upset .Their decision will be what is best for everyone,  coaches, fans, cheerleaders,  band, concession and any other workers, and not just the few dying from covid 19 especially any young athletes.  So if a few people die as a result of playing football then it was worth it.

True

Edited by Djohnson

Schools and TSSAA already said they could  make it without football in 2020 but it would be tight. So how they planning on doing class rooms when school starts? When kids start getting sick schools will shut down again or just let it spread. Look how fast college football players started getting it when they started working out.  Got to wait for vaccine to protect schools from lawsuits. 

Go Dragons! 

11 minutes ago, Djohnson said:

Schools and TSSAA already said they could  make it without football in 2020 but it would be tight. So how they planning on doing class rooms when school starts? When kids start getting sick schools will shut down again or just let it spread. Look how fast college football players started getting it when they started working out.  Got to wait for vaccine to protect schools from lawsuits. 

Go Dragons! 

Actually the TSSAA said they could NOT make it without football.  At least that is what I read.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

Actually the TSSAA said they could NOT make it without football.  At least that is what I read.  

So that will be the reason to play sports this fall. Actually TSSAA said they could make later. Is sports that dang important.

Edited by fb247

13 minutes ago, fb247 said:

So that will be the reason to play sports this fall. Actually TSSAA said they could make later. Is sports that dang important.

I think getting back to a responsible normal is important.  If you don’t want to go watch or send your kids then that is up to you but others disagree.  No magic vaccine is coming anytime soon.  

Edited by GWAVE1
  • Like 2

As I've already said it might be a year or two or longer before there's some sort of control on this thing.  Heck, maybe never.  Are we willing to go several years before we play sports, and everything else to return completely?  We might need to come to grips with this and realize our new norm possibly includes this virus, and others that might pop up.  In other words, we need to learn to live with it, since it's probably not going away soon.

Edited by GREENWAVE84EG
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

I think getting back to a responsible normal is important.  If you don’t want to go watch or send your kids then that is up to you but others disagree.  No magic vaccine is coming anytime soon.  

Hebrews 2:15

and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death.

• Like 1

• CoachT locked this topic