Tweet Governor Lee

ChineseFlu

2 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I don’t think TSSAA wants to rely on stimulus checks. They lost more than $400,000 not having no basketball and baseball and softball tournaments. I have spoken to a couple of these guys and believe me they need football and all sports revenue right now.

The revenue loss in not having football just for the school itself will be tremendous. Other schools and programs depend upon it as well.

We need to revisit as a State the boundaries we've given an elected official.   Anyone else think he's been given too much power??  

He's destroyed many businesses and livelihoods with his heavy handed "executive orders".   How many more businesses will be destroyed before we say enough is enough?   With more testing comes more positive results.   MOST people understand that.   

I'm not trying to come across as an unconcerned human being.   I just feel that limiting EVERYONE (even the low risk population) is the wrong approach.   If you're in the "high risk" category, YOU should quarantine yourself.  (Only makes sense).   Why force a healthy 16 year old who could likely fight this off in a few days, to totally miss out on what should be one of the most memorable times of their lives??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FridayMainEvent said:

We need to revisit as a State the boundaries we've given an elected official.   Anyone else think he's been given too much power??  

He's destroyed many businesses and livelihoods with his heavy handed "executive orders".   How many more businesses will be destroyed before we say enough is enough?   With more testing comes more positive results.   MOST people understand that.   

I'm not trying to come across as an unconcerned human being.   I just feel that limiting EVERYONE (even the low risk population) is the wrong approach.   If you're in the "high risk" category, YOU should quarantine yourself.  (Only makes sense).   Why force a healthy 16 year old who could likely fight this off in a few days, to totally miss out on what should be one of the most memorable times of their lives??

go to the contact page on the tn gov website and restate what you just said here.  He needs to know how we feel.  

2 hours ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Great post. The legislature gave the governor temporary emergency powers but no limit on how many times he can extend the emergency post. No way one person should be able to arbitrarily shut down certain businesses or sports 60 days at a time over and over. 

47 minutes ago, Salem said:

Great post. The legislature gave the governor temporary emergency powers but no limit on how many times he can extend the emergency post. No way one person should be able to arbitrarily shut down certain businesses or sports 60 days at a time over and over. 

Reason he has one lawsuit after another in Nashville right now especially with downtown businesses. He sticks a fork in another HS sports season if other states are playing he for sure won’t be re-elected. 

5 hours ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Great post!I'm with you on this.

On 7/1/2020 at 1:17 PM, pioneer42 said:

I don’t think TSSAA wants to rely on stimulus checks. They lost more than $400,000 not having no basketball and baseball and softball tournaments. I have spoken to a couple of these guys and believe me they need football and all sports revenue right now.

Something to ponder...I was told that T$$AA made more $ during the 1st round of the 2019 FB playoffs alone...than they did during the entire 2019 State Boys Basketball Tournament.  

20 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Reason he has one lawsuit after another in Nashville right now especially with downtown businesses. He sticks a fork in another HS sports season if other states are playing he for sure won’t be re-elected. 

Sure he will.People here are stupid.Same as with the pos in Illinois 

21 minutes ago, wow1029 said:

Sure he will.People here are stupid.Same as with the pos in Illinois 

No he won’t get re-elected for sure if he jabs us out of football and other states are playing and colleges are playing. Lot of Republicans in Nashville are through with him now and was a month ago.