Carter County football shut down for 2 weeks

Tab

53 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

BTW, just heard a confirmed case at Elizabethton,  I'd say you all are about to get some frustrating news too.

We’ve had a couple cases. We’re just taking the approach like most of you all are in favor of taking. It’s gonna happen whether we’re in school or not so let’s get back to life. I know people will get sick because of these decisions, I’m just not convinced that shutting down schools would prevent the illnesses from occurring. We have the option to do online only, staggered attendance with supplemental online courses or full attendance. Like you I think people should choose for themselves the best course for them. If there are at risk individuals in the household then make what you feel is the best for you. Full disclosure, I recently completed radiation and chemotherapy and my immune system is weakened to put it mildly. My stepson is a school teacher, his oldest is in second grade and attending full time, next oldest is entering pre-K, one that’s 1 1/2 years old and there’s a newborn in their house. I spent time with all of them today and intend to continue to do so. That’s my decision, good, bad or otherwise. Don’t need some ignorant board members making it for me. I hate it like crazy for you all. Sounds like y’all need to do some firing next election. Hope it gets straightened out for y’all. 

Edited by crow

The American Academy of Pediatrics also thinks we should have schools open and sports in full force! Ever since early this morning until evening, the baseball fields have been PACKED here with 500+ kids and adults. Apparently we ain't too worried as a people! I aim to live as I've always lived, and by God's grace and help, I will. 

Praying all goes well with you!! 

2 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

The American Academy of Pediatrics also thinks we should have schools open and sports in full force! Ever since early this morning until evening, the baseball fields have been PACKED here with 500+ kids and adults. Apparently we ain't too worried as a people! I aim to live as I've always lived, and by God's grace and help, I will. 

That’s what I’m saying. Fire these idiots next election. They’re obviously not representing the desire of the people they work for. And BTW Same here for you and thanks. 

Edited by crow

5 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

I noticed the fields down by the jail are packed with kids and adults.

27 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

I wish HV hadn't made the move to take 2 weeks off as a "preventive" measure. I think that was the ammo needed to have all programs go home. One of the big issues is our teachers aren't prepared to use this new system to teach online. And they shouldn't have to be IMO.

Please post a link to the survey you speak of. I'm not sure the board is familiar with it! 

Government hates public schools, they've done everything in their power to make sure it fails, Its at the point now that only highly dedicated paernts and kids get a decent education, This home school thing would be the final straw.  Thing is ,if you keep people dumb and poor, you've got um. I'm betting private schools will do just fine.  Only need a few educated people  to make choices for all us ignorant people. Check ole Betsy Devos on the education .thing.  Bottom line, if kids don't go to school,they are very few going to get an education.

2 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

Yep! We scared to death Lol

And people are gonna gather in bunches all over the country, people are gonna get the virus and yes people will die, Not going to school or playing sports is not gonna cure this, if you can get this mess,you're gonna get it. This is and has been a TOTAL mess from the beginning. Just give WE THE PEOPLE the choice to make decisions for ourselves. I've yet to ask any politician how I need to live my life or raise my kids. I'm sure not perfect but its worked out fairly well.

7 minutes ago, crow said:

That’s what I’m saying. Fire these idiots next election. They’re obviously not representing the desire of the people they work for. And BTW Same here for you and thanks. 

nobody wants the job because of the headache that comes with it! The county has some good men on the board, some are close friends of mine...but I think, possibly, nobody wants to take a chance of getting sued for taking a stand and fully opening schools and someone getting really sick. That's the environment we live in ya know! Everyone wants a reason to sue. I think most of them plan on getting every going soon but I'm not convinced it'll happen because a couple just HATE athletics that bad.

1 minute ago, pujo said:

And people are gonna gather in bunches all over the country, people are gonna get the virus and yes people will die, Not going to school or playing sports is not gonna cure this, if you can get this mess,you're gonna get it. This is and has been a TOTAL mess from the beginning. Just give WE THE PEOPLE the choice to make decisions for ourselves. I've yet to ask any politician how I need to live my life or raise my kids. I'm sure not perfect but its worked out fairly well.

agreed on all points! If the idiot Gov in NY is opening everything,  good gracious we surely can too!