Carter County football shut down for 2 weeks

Tab

5 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Not sure why a participating party would be declined a victory, but you may be correct. Heard something like that myself yesterday and just trying to get it clarified.

Regardless ,both teams get losses, They both lose a game they will never be able to play.

Just now, orngnblk said:

A motion also passed that any team not able to play a postseason contest because of COVID-19 would forfeit. Any regular-season games with that scenario would be considered no-contests.

You see the problem is, there is no covid problem on the teams shutting it down. So how can you not be forfeiting those games if it's not a health reason like covid which was mentioned?

1 minute ago, pujo said:

Regardless ,both teams get losses, They both lose a game they will never be able to play.

You see that's what I thought. If its shut down because of an outbreak its no contest. This is entirely different scenario though right? I mean you could actually take a loss for it?

Edited by Imthayeti

Just now, Imthayeti said:

You see the problem is, there is no covid problem on the teams shutting it down. So how can you not be forfeiting those games if it's not a health reason like covid which was mentioned?

Another thing, how does a little school board overrule the the Governor,

1 minute ago, Imthayeti said:

You see that's what I thought. If its shut down because of an outbreak its no contest. This is entirely different scenario though right? I mean you could actually take a loss for it?

A fortifier is like kissing you're sister, kids and teams want to win these games on the field.

4 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Nope they shut down BECAUSE of covid,that's their reasoning whether they have it or not.They will get no contests I am sure.

1 minute ago, pujo said:

A fortifier is like kissing you're sister, kids and teams want to win these games on the field.

Undoubtedly, however I don't see how someone wont be penalized for just "deciding" not to play. As there is no outbreak. It's a terrible thing believe me I wish you guys could join the rest of Tennessee that's getting to move forward.

1 minute ago, orngnblk said:

Nope they shut down BECAUSE of covid,that's their reasoning whether they have it or not.They will get no contests I am sure.

I hope your right. Not the kids fault. But wish someone would take responsibility in this situation for hurting these kids season.

24 minutes ago, pujo said:

And people wonder why people protest, there are things to protest, you don't need to destroy the building  but the people in the building need to be removed yesterday.

With a job, I'm too busy to protest during the day and too tired to protest at night....Got to get ready for worship on Sundays, so no time to protest on the weekends if I wanted to....Can't think of anything to protest unless it's the fact I HAVE to work to pay my power, water, phone, mortgage and insurance while others party all night, sleep all day and get a check...I could protest that I have to pay a lot more for my kid's college tuition because I have a job while others go for free (on what dollars I have left) because they come from a home where they choose not to work....But what these fools are protesting today is BULL CRAP to begin with. It's called anarchy