Carter County football shut down for 2 weeks

Tab

6 hours ago, pujo said:

So I am a little frustrated although I understand the positions of both sides.... if at this point a position really matters On the topic of Teen activities like High School Athletics and other school year activities. These are something that a lot of teens look forward to every year. Right now the school year and Football season is fast approaching......or it was. I understand that folks are worried about their child being exposed to Covid or bringing it home to a family member....as am I, but unless we lock our teens up, which I don't think folks are, I don't see how School Activities are going to be any more dangerous than them hanging out together, going to the Mall or Walmart etc. would be. I also know that most kids want to be in social situations and I know folks in charge may think they are saving their physical health but it may be at the cost of their mental health? I am pretty sure as we have seen the spread of Covid that if you are out and about you are probably going to be exposed at some point....It may come down to pure old luck. I don't know that destroying the mental health of our children by keeping them from being able to enjoy themselves and forfeiting their childhood doing something they love to finding other means of entertainment which may not be so innocent is the answer. I admit I am not sure what that answer is but I know kids are becoming depressed and rightfully so. For some of these kids this is their Senior year of these type activities. We just had one group of Seniors that were denied that opportunity this past year....and that was so unfortunate. Is continuing with this strategy really the right move to protect our children inside and out? Their are several studies linking the Covid Pandemic with increased suicides and the number of children thinking about suicide, if that number wasnt already high enough, Suicide is the second leading cause of death in teens before Covid. I think maybe it should be left up to the family of the child to let them participate or not in these activities.....their already not getting to go to class. I feel If they have an adult willing to coach/organize etc. then I think it should be up to the family to make that decision for their child based on their family's situation and the needs of their child. I think we all signed participation waivers. If you are worried then dont let them participate but I would weigh the risk. Their has got to be a better solution than this.

Wow,where did you find this article?Very well written.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, uknoit2 said:

I only read Breitbart.com and Citizens Free Press. The rest is usually crap. 

I went to the free press and the first 3 articles was fox should fire tucker carlson  Trump should be banned from twitter and advertisers should drop fox network but i couldn't find those stastistics was gonna forward them on to school board i will look on the other site you gave but if you see them post them and i will send them

9 hours ago, lawnman said:

You are correct and it’s funny that people can go anywhere they desire but we can’t go to a football game.If we want to protest we can be in crowds and I guess COVID doesn’t matter then.Something is wrong with this picture.

Be careful! There are places where that's not the case right now and "some" hope that to be so country wide.

Control...aka communism 

Just now, allsportsmatter said:

I went to the free press and the first 3 articles was fox should fire tucker carlson  Trump should be banned from twitter and advertisers should drop fox network but i couldn't find those stastistics was gonna forward them on to school board i will look on the other site you gave but if you see them post them and i will send them

Ok...If I can get a minute today, I will hunt them up. But make sure you're looking at Citizens Free Press....I just did and don't see the articles you refer to

10 hours ago, pujo said:

And we the people have 0000000000000000 choice, like someone else said,if you don't want you're kid out there ,keep him at home. Dime holding up a dollar. Reckon we can send 100 kids to school in a building but we can't have 40 outside. Something wrong with that picture.

Sounds like this has to do with a lil more than a virus. Looks like the board member that made the motion and the one that seconded it were in cahoots. I also think that's evident so seeing he hadn't been to a meeting in forever. Others just followed suit assuring they didn't make any other board member upset. That's taking a stand :thumb:...Some didn't make a stand because they don't have a kid playing at this time. All this started because some won't have a successful season & don't care about practicing, some won't field much of a team, and one just HATES sports all together and has made that clear... so they really don't care at all.

I have to wonder, what's the financial gain from federal dollars, to keep kids at home, learning on line? After the American Academy of Pediatrics  says to open the schools now, the push is to keep kids away...There's something we're missing here

Edited by uknoit2
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, allsportsmatter said:

on briebart all i can find wirh numbers gives the same numbers as fox 4.9 million cases and 16000 dead in U.S. i went to citezen free press found a n article on masks but that was all sorry

citizenfreepress.com  All articles on stats, facts about testing, etc will be on there.

If you haven't already, do this test:: Go to Google and type in any three digit number then type newcases

For example: 565newcases

Choose any three digit number you want with newcases afterwards and search...This should help explain to all why reading most articles on line is intentionally misleading 

22 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

strong thread. covid is a hoax. 

The virus is a virus for sure....The hoax is the seriousness of it warrants shutting down a county, housing it's citizens and destroying it's economy BUT not shutting down or housing protesters, terrorists, and anarchists