Carter County football shut down for 2 weeks

Tab

Just now, uknoit2 said:

I usually don't go to businesses that require a mask unless I have to...If they do require one and I want to go there, I wear a mask...but football is outside! In the open air! Players are many yards from us...If they required a mask for the transaction at the gate, that might make a bit of sense, but wearing it outside at a FB game, sitting or standing with my family, just bumfuzzles this ignorant hick. But It's about like having to wear a mask through the front door of a restaurant, then being allowed to take it off the whole time you're in there. Nobody has an issue with that tho. 

I agree with you on the restaurant thing. That’s just dumb. I’m not arguing the intelligence of the rule just acknowledging it’s there. If I come to your house and you ask me to remove my hat then I need to remove it or leave. It’s the houses rules. My question is how honest or dishonest is it to know masks are required while in attendance, to show that you’re complying at the gate to get in then to knowingly remove the required mask once you’re in because you don’t want to wear it. If wearing a mask is that big of an issue wouldn’t it be better to not attend in the first place. 

NOTE: the use of “you” in this post was in reference to anyone attending any game. It was NOT directed at any particular individual. 

14 minutes ago, pujo said:

Hate the things but willing to do whatever it takes to attend. I reckon everyone agrees that its a good practice in crowds.

....unless you're at a restaurant, then it's ok to take it off....Being inside a building and all LOL

11 minutes ago, crow said:

Not everyone apparently. I was disappointed in what I saw at our game. 

9 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

A lot of other sports would not exist here without the football concession money...Sure hurts our football equipment needs tho 

Our football does very well working basketball concessions but not sure how much short they end up. Never heard a number. 

Just now, crow said:

I agree with you on the restaurant thing. That’s just dumb. I’m not arguing the intelligence of the rule just acknowledging it’s there. If I come to your house and you ask me to remove my hat then I need to remove it or leave. It’s the houses rules. My question is how honest or dishonest is it to know masks are required while in attendance, to show that you’re complying at the gate to get in then to knowingly remove the required mask once you’re in because you don’t want to wear it. If wearing a mask is that big of an issue wouldn’t it be better to not attend in the first place. 

NOTE: the use of “you” in this post was in reference to anyone attending any game. It was NOT directed at any particular individual. 

Doing what is required at a business or in someone's home is different than this issue...And in this case, the tax payers own the house and are trying to be controlled as to what they will and won't do there...Some rules make sense (no guns, etc) but this is just out there and I see the push against it especially if there's distance between people and I'm with my family. To the best of my knowledge, there's no rule that states the sidelines have to be masked. We'll look like we've gathered for hadji 

2 minutes ago, crow said:

Our football does very well working basketball concessions but not sure how much short they end up. Never heard a number. 

I think baseball works the basketball concession here.....Basketball/Band runs the football concessions....Gotta make the dollar for football in other ways here

1 minute ago, uknoit2 said:

Doing what is required at a business or in someone's home is different than this issue...And in this case, the tax payers own the house and are trying to be controlled as to what they will and won't do there...Some rules make sense (no guns, etc) but this is just out there and I see the push against it especially if there's distance between people and I'm with my family. To the best of my knowledge, there's no rule that states the sidelines have to be masked. We'll look like we've gathered for hadji 

Well maybe everyone should ignore the gun rule and just let everyone carry their guns in. After all it’s just a rule that I as a tax payer and legal gun owner disagree with. If you hide them it’s ok right?  My point is everyone knows the requirement. Whether or not we agree with it is irrelevant. I just think it’s a bush league move to falsely represent compliance just to get in. If anyone feels strongly enough not to wear one then do like you said earlier and don’t go. If you do go then I believe the mask rule should be observed. I agree if you’re only with your family that you live with anyway it’s kind of silly but I’m betting when the crowds get in on game night people start bunching up. 

Again just speaking in generalizations here for discussion sake. Not implying expressed or otherwise that anyone in particular will or won’t abide by the requirement. 

16 minutes ago, crow said:

And I'm not trying to argue with you....With what you've been thru, if you stated a person was to wear a mask around you, in your home, they should gladly do so. But this crap of, "if you want to see your kid play a game in a place you pay for, you will wear a mask" is just scary to me! It wont be long and you'll be required to wear a mask to mow your yard, lay by your pool or check the mailbox.....And that's been the case in some liberal areas already! 

4 minutes ago, crow said:

Well maybe everyone should ignore the gun rule and just let everyone carry their guns in. After all it’s just a rule that I as a tax payer and legal gun owner disagree with. If you hide them it’s ok right?  My point is everyone knows the requirement. Whether or not we agree with it is irrelevant. I just think it’s a bush league move to falsely represent compliance just to get in. If anyone feels strongly enough not to wear one then do like you said earlier and don’t go. If you do go then I believe the mask rule should be observed. I agree if you’re only with your family that you live with anyway it’s kind of silly but I’m betting when the crowds get in on game night people start bunching up. 

Again just speaking in generalizations here for discussion sake. Not implying expressed or otherwise that anyone in particular will or won’t abide by the requirement. 

In my opinion, gun rule argument is apples and oranges...ALTHOUGH I may or may not have hidden a lil protection (licensed legally to carry concealed) at some of the more shady games in the past years LOL!  One was a BATMAN thing...Pujo would be the only one to understand that LOL!

1 hour ago, Imthayeti said:

If this game is played this Saturday I may try and come if tickets arent limited. Check out some of the competition this year. You having a game under your belt will have an advantage over an opponent with no games played. Just saying.

Make the trip Yeti and come check out the area and our stadium. We have one of the nicest football fields in 2A . 

1 minute ago, TheUltimateWarrior98 said:

Make the trip Yeti and come check out the area and our stadium. We have one of the nicest football fields in 2A . 

I'll come if at all possible. Inwont go though if tickets arent at the gate lol. I couldnt chsnce it like that. I looked, and it's not that far away. 

9 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

And I'm not trying to argue with you....With what you've been thru, if you stated a person was to wear a mask around you, in your home, they should gladly do so. But this crap of, "if you want to see your kid play a game in a place you pay for, you will wear a mask" is just scary to me! It wont be long and you'll be required to wear a mask to mow your yard, lay by your pool or check the mailbox.....And that's been the case in some liberal areas already! 

No this isn’t about what I’ve been through at all. When I was in the worst parts of my recovery I just didn’t go anywhere other than treatments. Mask or not I wasn’t going to Walmart (hate going in that joint anyway. So thankful for pick up service lol). Also I’m not trying to argue with you either. Just like to dive into a debate sometimes. It helps me see other perspectives and hopefully gets everyone thinking. To that note what’s the difference in the mask rule or the gun or alcohol rule. What about smoking? I mean everyone for the most part follows the if you want to see your kid play they don’t bring their guns or their liquor or they wait until halftime or after the game to sneak a smoke behind the bleachers. Sure not everyone but the vast majority don’t have much issue with that. I guess I don’t see the difference. You the hypothetical you doesn’t have to wear a mask then why can’t hypothetical me bring my gun or bottle of Jack?