Carter County football shut down for 2 weeks

Tab

10 minutes ago, pujo said:

Don't see Hampton splitting both games.

3 minutes ago, Appvol said:

You would get concessions for 2 games and more fans being able to buy tickets. Splitting a gate is just the tickets sold isn’t it. 

Shoot Appvol! It would BLOW your mind how little, LITTLE we get from concession sales....More money can be found in the football field using a metal detector on Saturday morning...and I ain't kidding. So yes, splitting the "gate" or ticket sales is all that would be split; Well, that and the costs of refs 

2 minutes ago, crow said:

Adults are mostly who’s in the stands. In the stands are where the mask requirements are mostly aimed. Ya gotta have em on to get in. Seems a little shady to me to put one on just to get in then remove it after you’re in when we all know the requirement to attend. Doesn’t seem like very honest behavior. If anyone feels so strongly against wearing a mask then that is their choice. Maybe then not going to places that require them. Just gotta figure out what’s the more important issue to each of us but wearing one in and taking it off is not helping any teams chances of finishing the season. 

Hate the things but willing to do whatever it takes to attend. I reckon everyone agrees that its a good practice in crowds.

2 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

Shoot Appvol! It would BLOW your mind how little, LITTLE we get from concession sales....More money can be found in the football field using a metal detector on Saturday morning...and I ain't kidding. So yes, splitting the "gate" or ticket sales is all that would be split; Well, that and the costs of refs 

I thought it would be ok. I guess by the time you buy what you need and the hours you put into it at small schools it probably doesn’t add up to much.

Just now, Appvol said:

I thought it would be ok. I guess by the time you buy what you need and the hours you put into it at small schools it probably doesn’t add up to much.

Ours does very well, the other sports work the concessions and get the money for their sport so football doesn’t see any money from concessions but the other sports benefit greatly. Football in return works the basketball concessions and that’s pretty beneficial also. 

1 minute ago, crow said:

Ours does very well, the other sports work the concessions and get the money for their sport so football doesn’t see any money from concessions but the other sports benefit greatly. Football in return works the basketball concessions and that’s pretty beneficial also. 

Pretty nice system, 

4 minutes ago, crow said:

Adults are mostly who’s in the stands. In the stands are where the mask requirements are mostly aimed. Ya gotta have em on to get in. Seems a little shady to me to put one on just to get in then remove it after you’re in when we all know the requirement to attend. Doesn’t seem like very honest behavior. If anyone feels so strongly against wearing a mask then that is their choice. Maybe then not going to places that require them. Just gotta figure out what’s the more important issue to each of us but wearing one in and taking it off is not helping any teams chances of finishing the season. 

I usually don't go to businesses that require a mask unless I have to...If they do require one and I want to go there, I wear a mask...but football is outside! In the open air! Players are many yards from us...If they required a mask for the transaction at the gate, that might make a bit of sense, but wearing it outside at a FB game, sitting or standing with my family, just bumfuzzles this ignorant hick. But It's about like having to wear a mask through the front door of a restaurant, then being allowed to take it off the whole time you're in there. Nobody has an issue with that tho. 

8 minutes ago, Appvol said:

6 minutes ago, crow said:

Ours does very well too, but not for the football program...Thus there is no concession money to split 

3 minutes ago, crow said:

I’ve been told the bulk of other sports expenses are covered by working football concessions. Not sure if that’s accurate but that’s what was told. 

Pretty sure either boosters or volunteers do ours for the most part. Not sure where money goes.

Edited by Imthayeti

1 minute ago, crow said:

I’ve been told the bulk of other sports expenses are covered by working football concessions. Not sure if that’s accurate but that’s what was told. 

A lot of other sports would not exist here without the football concession money...Sure hurts our football equipment needs tho