Alcoa vs Maryville Game 2020

BCsportsfan

52 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

I'm afraid this year's game will look a lot like the 2009 game.  

I think it will be much closer.  2009 Maryville team was basically sophomores. Alcoa had one of their best teams ever. This years Maryville team will be much better than the 2009 team. Alcoa is loaded this year. 

1 hour ago, MLREB said:

or maybe the 2005 game? 

Boy.........that'd suck!  Lots of hype that year too! But hey, I like diving in head first, So, Murvul getting hammered!!! :thumb: 

What's the fun in rolling over a playing dead like 99.9% of the fans that get on here when their team plays Murvul? 

Been watch these team play for 30 years. The speed, Alcoa has, especially on defense is on a way different level. My gut says Alcoa 15-0!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/7/2020 at 7:22 PM, BCsportsfan said:

So......Maryville wants to limit Alcoa to 500 tickets. Sad! AND......get this....give themselves 1500 tickets! WOW! This because Maryville wants to limit people due to space? Understand. 

So, there was talk with Philip Fulmer about having the game at Neyland Stadium. He said the game could be played Thursday, Friday, or Saturday. Mark Packer @rivalrythursday said he would move the game broadcast from WVLT to the CBS affiliate.  This could be great financial opportunity for both schools. Especially, since the gate revenue would take a major hit with ticket sales being so limited.  With the game at Neyland Stadium people could be spaced out. It would be a great test run for the college football season.

Now, ........Maryville  DOES NOT want to move the game? Unbelievable!:huh:

Scared of lil brother?? Worried your home field advantage would be lost? :roflolk:

Im sure the limits that Maryville is setting for home and away attendance is solely based on the size of the bleachers.  They just don't want fans lined up around the fence line and standing in the grass.  Alcoa and Maryville always draw huge crowds.  1500 tickets for Maryville will fill half of the home stands up, and 500 fans on Alcoa side will fill half the visitor stands up.  Can't blame them for doing it.  At this rate you guys will be lucky if you even play, due to the fact all colleges are canceling there seasons as we speak.