Alcoa vs Maryville Game 2020

BCsportsfan

So, 24hours in and no reason why Murvul doesn't want to play at the big house? Murvul administration not like gate money? Not like Media coverage? Not like playing on the big stage?

Surely they wouldn't be giving up a dream game at Neyland Stadium cause the big 6A state Championship team needs all the advantages they can get against a little 3A school!!!:popcorneater:

4 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

So, 24hours in and no reason why Murvul doesn't want to play at the big house? Murvul administration not like gate money? Not like Media coverage? Not like playing on the big stage?

Surely they wouldn't be giving up a dream game at Neyland Stadium cause the big 6A state Championship team needs all the advantages they can get against a little 3A school!!!:popcorneater:

The way I see it is charge 10$ a head and probably draw 10k people that is 100k. Let’s say UT charges 10k to cover all the cost of lights - security - score board operation. Each school gets 45k

it’s will be on Mark Packer cbs main channel. Who knows what that $ is. My guess 2500-5k per school 

it would not make since not to play there because of the $ and SPACE

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

I think we just don’t want to. 

17 hours ago, rebelwoman87 said:

I think we just don’t want to. 

Who's we?

Did you know about this?

Do you think giving Alcoa just 500 tickets is even remotely fair?

There IS a safe solution to this problem and the best we can get is..... "we just don't want to?"

Would you prefer the Alcoa just "mail in" the money for the tickets also?

Sad!