Oakland in a bit of a pickle

HTV

6 hours ago, guthook said:

The handbook is only 64 pages.  You should try reading it.  

I think what you mean is that they can give scholarships, which they can.

Any school can promote the total school program as outlined in the handbook.  Specific rules around recruiting, which include early contact from coaches etc. ,  apply to all member schools.  There aren't separate recruiting rules for private schools.  They are less likely to be reported because there can be financial aid involved.  

https://cms-files.tssaa.org/documents/tssaa/2020-21TSSAABylaws.pdf

I stand corrected.  They can offer financial aid assistant to get kids in is where i should have went with it.  If you think private school don't actually "Recruit" then thats someone who is just turning a blind eye.  Kids don't move from Nashville to Knoxville because of the Education you get at certain private school in Knoxville, especially when the private school you came from is is higher ranking in academics.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Swipes said:

I stand corrected.  They can offer financial aid assistant to get kids in is where i should have went with it.  If you think private school don't actually "Recruit" then thats someone who is just turning a blind eye.  Kids don't move from Nashville to Knoxville because of the Education you get at certain private school in Knoxville, especially when the private school you came from is is higher ranking in academics.

I absolutely understand where you're coming from and don't disagree.

4 hours ago, Swipes said:

I find the school commercials during the state championships somewhat unethical. I know, it’s the academics. 

• Sad 1