Haywood at Henry County

802Tomcat

To be honest, I have my doubts that we will play.  

According to Brownsville radio,  "Mayor Bill Rawls and Superintendent of Schools Joey Hassell will join this afternoon at 1pm for a press conference on the steps of City Hall focusing on the Covid 19 pandemic.  Now with more than 300 active cases and 7 deaths in Haywood, the county has been noticed by officials who say Haywood has the highest per capita rate of infection of any county in Tennessee— even higher than Shelby."

I don't have any inside information, so I'm just speculating.  Unless they have found someone else to play, Haywood has already lost a game with Jackson North Side on the 28th of August and with Olive Branch on the 4th of September.  With that in mind, I wouldn't be surprised if Superintendent Hassell delayed the start of the season until September 11 or later.

We'll have to see what they say in the press conference and how things play out as the week goes on.

1 hour ago, bglass said:

It’s true!! The chargers will find out how good they are in week 2 for sure! Game is at Haywood.

It's going to be a test for both teams.  I hope the Tomcats will be up for the challenge. Barring any injuries, whatever the outcome of the game both teams will come out stronger.

I haven't seen CHARGERFAN online in a while.  I trust he is doing well, and I'd love to hear his comments about the HHS-Covington game.

I've gotten sidetracked, so back to the topic of this thread.  I hope the Tomcats will be up to the challenge of beating the Henry County Patriots (another huge test).  I won't make any predictions, but my comment is the same as it is for the HHS-Covington game.  Barring any injuries, whatever the outcome of the game both teams will come out stronger. Good luck to both the Pats and the Cats.

16 hours ago, stacmot said:

It's going to be a test for both teams.  I hope the Tomcats will be up for the challenge. Barring any injuries, whatever the outcome of the game both teams will come out stronger.

I haven't seen CHARGERFAN online in a while.  I trust he is doing well, and I'd love to hear his comments about the HHS-Covington game.

I've gotten sidetracked, so back to the topic of this thread.  I hope the Tomcats will be up to the challenge of beating the Henry County Patriots (another huge test).  I won't make any predictions, but my comment is the same as it is for the HHS-Covington game.  Barring any injuries, whatever the outcome of the game both teams will come out stronger. Good luck to both the Pats and the Cats.

Chargerfan is still around. Having survived a case of Covid-19 in June, it’s time for me to focus on football again. My case was very mild. I said that I’ve had hay fever that was worse. I think that God brought me through that safely because of prayer.

I have been trying to make sure that I can get in the games, given ticket limits and social distancing. You have an extra for the Chargers vs Tomcats?

Edited by CHARGERFAN
  • Like 1