Is anyone else having different week 1 games than originally scheduled?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had Walnut Ms. first week, then Houston County in week two. Both had to cancel, so we had Greenfield and Adamsville, until Adamsville couldn't play. Now have Greenfield in week one, and Bolivar in week two... pending.

This gives me a chance to ask about what Greenfield has returning... I know they were pretty good last year, should they be better, or down?

13 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

We had Walnut Ms. first week, then Houston County in week two. Both had to cancel, so we had Greenfield and Adamsville, until Adamsville couldn't play. Now have Greenfield in week one, and Bolivar in week two... pending.

This gives me a chance to ask about what Greenfield has returning... I know they were pretty good last year, should they be better, or down?

Heard if 1 player gets sick teams have to shut it down 14 days. Is this true or a school to school thing??

20 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

So I'm guessing Adamsville-Gleason is off

2 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Heard if 1 player gets sick teams have to shut it down 14 days. Is this true or a school to school thing??

I haven't researched if that's left to the schools, or mandated by TSSAA. If not mandated, it would seem to be if/how many others were within the guidelines of "contamination". I'm going to assume that a player testing positive that has not been in close contact after symptoms or the test would simply quarantine... if more are considered within close contact, the prudent option would probably be to shut down and let it pass.

3 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

This is true, but ONLY if no other positive contact can be traced. The lag of symptoms makes this issue that much more challenging. A player could theoretically play multiple games positive then develop symptoms and get tested. If a kid who never left the bench tests positive, does the other team have to quarantine? Scenarios are endless. 

The hope for HS FB (over college) is the typical lack of symptoms in young people combined with the lack of routine asymptomatic screening.