Waverly vs Huntingdon

vandyfan1

Didn't see the McKenzie game last week. Huntingdon dominated up front on both sides of the ball. If Huntingdon is going to make any kind of run #26 has got to take better care of the ball and stop trying to do too much. #14 is a warrior. He had a heck of a game today. Fullback is one of the toughest 150 lb fullbacks I've ever seen other wingback runs tough and runs hard. Didn't see much from the freshman #15 today Defense looked strong today Waverly looked out matched and didn't seem to have the athletes Huntingdon did and this is one of the less talented teams in a very long time but they are scrappy and play hard. Huntingdon should run the table rest if the season with Milan being the only question mark. Pretty sure its South Pitt ans everyone else this year

Well I’m finally settled in and I would like to congratulate Huntingdon for kicking our tail!! 

We was out played and out coached!!!! 

This Waverly team is nowhere near as good as that 2016 team not even close. We are young tho!

Huntingdon is a good team I see a quarterfinal appearance but that’s it. No shame in that Mustangs much respect! 

I will eat my crow I just had wishful thinking that’s all :thumb:

Edited by vandyfan1

16 minutes ago, footballover said:

Didn't see the McKenzie game last week. Huntingdon dominated up front on both sides of the ball. If Huntingdon is going to make any kind of run #26 has got to take better care of the ball and stop trying to do too much. #14 is a warrior. He had a heck of a game today. Fullback is one of the toughest 150 lb fullbacks I've ever seen other wingback runs tough and runs hard. Didn't see much from the freshman #15 today Defense looked strong today Waverly looked out matched and didn't seem to have the athletes Huntingdon did and this is one of the less talented teams in a very long time but they are scrappy and play hard. Huntingdon should run the table rest if the season with Milan being the only question mark. Pretty sure its South Pitt ans everyone else this year

I actually saw a lot from #15 today. Not a good day running the ball needs to just hit that hole and punish people BUT he absolutely destroyed some people blocking. Great to see a young kid not pout when your not having the best day running but willing to do some dirty work. 

19 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Well I’m finally settled in and I would like to congratulate Huntingdon for kicking our tail!! 

We was out played and out coached!!!! 

This Waverly team is nowhere near as good as that 2016 team not even close. We are young tho!

Huntingdon is a good team I see a quarterfinal appearance but that’s it. No shame in that Mustangs much respect! 

I will eat my crow I just had wishful thinking that’s all :thumb:

+1, vandy.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Mustang1969 said:

I actually saw a lot from #15 today. Not a good day running the ball needs to just hit that hole and punish people BUT he absolutely destroyed some people blocking. Great to see a young kid not pout when your not having the best day running but willing to do some dirty work. 

He spent most of the game on the sideline. The upperclassmen did the heavy lifting today

Edited by footballover

3 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

Waverly has three brothers who will be joining the team next week from California.  If they had played this week it wouldn't have been a game and Huntingdon would have lost by 3TDs.

I dont know where you heard that they were good.  They are from California that really doesn't mean anything.  Man it was HOOOOOOT out there.  Conditioning showed for sure.  It had to be even hotter on turn and in all the gear.  Im here to eat my crow.  We are not where we need to be but I'm sure we will see some changes.  It would have been nice to some noticeable adjustments. I didn't stay to the end but for as good as wav was last week they were bad today.  Curious if there would have been a difference if we played last night.  Thinking the heat played a role.  

15 minutes ago, MannBlue said:

I dont know where you heard that they were good.  They are from California that really doesn't mean anything.  Man it was HOOOOOOT out there.  Conditioning showed for sure.  It had to be even hotter on turn and in all the gear.  Im here to eat my crow.  We are not where we need to be but I'm sure we will see some changes.  It would have been nice to some noticeable adjustments. I didn't stay to the end but for as good as wav was last week they were bad today.  Curious if there would have been a difference if we played last night.  Thinking the heat played a role.  

Every kid on that field had to dig deep today in that heat. 

• Like 1