ALCOA vs AUSTIN EAST

BCsportsfan

On 8/30/2020 at 12:43 PM, reevesr said:

Not true Turtle.  Check the film.  Only crossed it one time, and even that possession ended on your side of the 50 after a big loss.

That game film is in the trash, I'm not watching it. Its ashamed that you all are so hyped about beating AE by the margin you all did.  Its all good see you in 2 months..

On 8/30/2020 at 7:15 AM, BCsportsfan said:

Correct! Alcoa and Maryville have Championships from the 70's,80's,90's & 2000's. Also, in the last couple of years schools within 20miles have won 1A, 3A, 5A & 6A. If Alcoa "Recruits" all the area talent how is a school 5 miles away still winning?......if Alcoa and Maryville is "stealing " talent from Knoxville how is Knoxville schools winning Championships?  Don't forget Green Back is in our backyard.  That 1A team would run the table again Cumberland teams!:thumb:

Alcoa gets players from Knoxville, California, Greenback, Loudon, Powell,  etc...

Maryville gets players from Alcoa , Heritage, William Blount,  Knoxville, etc .   

Don't get on here and say y'all don't' recruit because TBH ALL SCHOOLS recruit. I think AE is the only school that don't recruit.  You can look at each KCS roster and I bet you'll see about 3-4 players that's zone for AE but not at AE.   That's why its so hard to coach at AE, because of the outsiders coming in taking their players.  

59 minutes ago, Turtle said:

Alcoa gets players from Knoxville, California, Greenback, Loudon, Powell,  etc...

Don't get on here and say y'all don't' recruit because TBH ALL SCHOOLS recruit. I think AE is the only school that don't recruit.  You can look at each KCS roster and I bet you'll see about 3-4 players that's zone for AE but not at AE.   That's why its so hard to coach at AE, because of the outsiders coming in taking their players.  

tenor.gif.a9a55ed7713b930c9b6790c6b57778c2.gif

14 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

So you boys are 1 in Sonny Moore’s poll and 7pts ahead of Maryville.  What do you think. 

7 points.....wow, home field is 3 points.  Sounds like another tight game! I know the defense is playing lights out, but the offense needs to have a good game to keep the defense off the field.

Offense needs to have long sustained drives. To do so, Alcoa needs to be able to run the ball well. To run the ball well, there has to be enough success throwing the ball, to prevent a "loaded box" defense. #99, #3, #44, #12 & #8 need to have a good night catching the ball. #15 needs to have a big night! Both QB's need to play mistake free and have play call that focuses on short passes more than the deep ball. Balance between a solid run and a passing game is what it will take.

23 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

7 points.....wow, home field is 3 points.  Sounds like another tight game! I know the defense is playing lights out, but the offense needs to have a good game to keep the defense off the field.

Offense needs to have long sustained drives. To do so, Alcoa needs to be able to run the ball well. To run the ball well, there has to be enough success throwing the ball, to prevent a "loaded box" defense. #99, #3, #44, #12 & #8 need to have a good night catching the ball. #15 needs to have a big night! Both QB's need to play mistake free and have play call that focuses on short passes more than the deep ball. Balance between a solid run and a passing game is what it will take.

In watching the Blackman game it seems like Alcoa was a run first team as expected. In the second half You had success with the play action because of the run being used so much in the first half. I worry that if you guys wait til the second half to ramp up the passing game versus Maryville you guys may find yourself in a hole. Need to throw some of those short passes you mentioned in the early going to soften em up. I think we definitely share the same line of thinking. My question is do you think the no 1 ranking by sonny Moore is accurate??

11 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

In watching the Blackman game it seems like Alcoa was a run first team as expected. In the second half You had success with the play action because of the run being used so much in the first half. I worry that if you guys wait til the second half to ramp up the passing game versus Maryville you guys may find yourself in a hole. Need to throw some of those short passes you mentioned in the early going to soften em up. I think we definitely share the same line of thinking. My question is do you think the no 1 ranking by sonny Moore is accurate??

If the F5 can beat Maryville and DB, both on the road, yes. But, that will be a hard task!:huh:

In the Blackman game it was the interception and run by #15 that turned the game. From that point Alcoa threw the ball well. Well enough to score 28 unanswered points. Surprisingly,  Alcoa was smaller on both lines and in total players on the sidelines,  but they wore the Blaze down. Alcoa was able to gash the Blackman defense for big gains late in the 3rd and 4th quarters. 

Edited by BCsportsfan

6 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

If the F5 can beat Maryville and DB, both on the road, yes. But, that will be a hard task!:huh:

In the Blackman game it was the interception and run by #15 that turned the game. From that point Alcoa threw the ball well. Well enough to score 28 unanswered points. Surprisingly,  Alcoa was smaller on both lines and in total players on the sidelines,  but they wore the Blaze down. Alcoa was able to gash the Blackman defense for big gains late in the 3rd and 4th quarters. 

That’s exactly what Peabody did to us. We were actually beating them until the 3rd qtr. then we started wearing down and the snowball began rolling. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

35 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

That’s exactly what Peabody did to us. We were actually beating them until the 3rd qtr. then we started wearing down and the snowball began rolling. 

Yea, the Maryville game last year was 3 to 3 with 10 minutes to go. But the Alcoa defense had been on the field the majority of the 3rd and 4th quarter.  The offense continued to try and run against a defense that had sold out to stop the run. Several three and outs put the defense in a bad situation.  Finally the dam broke.  The defense played tough. This year the offense needs to do their part! Play call cannot be run, run, run unless they can? I don't see that happening. 

17 hours ago, Turtle said:

We don't have to recruit, kids wanna come to a school that's successful. Sorry AE isn't one of those....