ALCOA vs AUSTIN EAST

BCsportsfan

16 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

Total roster in summer was 66. 60 including freshman was all that dressed for the game last night. Fact. Championship team against Pearl Cohn was 65 players. I hate to see the decline in roster size as much as anyone,  but it is that way every where. Yes, i remember the days 2007- 2010 Alcoa had 90-100 players. Around 2012 to present the numbers have dropped by about 5 players a year. Sorry to bust your bubble.B)

Roster was 81 in 2017 championship game. Fact

Edited by 00Chargers

5 minutes ago, 00Chargers said:

Roster was 81 in 2017 championship game.

Sounds about right. By Championship time the actual numbers where probably around 75? Just guessing??

Wish the team would stay in the 80-90's. 

Published roster this season is 66. Counting heads on the field for the first two games has yeilded less. The other GOONS that sit around me can can attest,  because I've complained how kids are getting soft and don't what to put in the work. Sorry, rant over.......<sigh>.

6 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

Sounds about right. By Championship time the actual numbers where probably around 75? Just guessing??

Published roster this season is 66. Counting heads on the field for the first two games has yeilded less. The other GOONS that sit around me can can attest,  because I've complained how kids are getting soft and don't what to put in the work. Sorry, rant over.......<sigh>.

Same is occurring out west. Numbers dwindling, Covington used to never dress freshman and still had 50-60 players on Friday. Now all freshmen dress and our total is 60. I understand the frustration.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

Travel Soccer, Travel Baseball/Fall Baseball, Private Schools blatantly recruiting public school athletes, standout Golf and Cross Country athletes who don't want to endure the physicality of Football

Way too many variables now 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

Travel Soccer, Travel Baseball/Fall Baseball, Private Schools blatantly recruiting public school athletes, standout Golf and Cross Country athletes who don't want to endure the physicality of Football

Way too many variables now 

.......You left off sitting on the couch and playing video games........sad times.

Edited by BCsportsfan

7 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Yea right.....600 student school and 60 players. But, the difference is Alcoa knows how to win.......if the Upperman area is anything like YOU....excuse boy.....we know what's holding them BACK!:thumb:

Bro dont even act like everything is on the up and up... No team on any level anywhere produces that many championships. Its a broke system. Alcoa takes advantage of the rules to stay in 3a. No matter what you say the whole rest of the state knows. Its not all home grown talent everyone see all the transfers every  year.  There is nothing special or great in Alcoa only they manipulate the system better than anyone. 

19 hours ago, MadHatter1 said:

Alcoa will not move up lol. They are in love with having 6a talent and playing a 3a schedule. Might get beat every now and then in 4a. Old coach cant handle that competition on the regular. 

That is funny! If you would actually google some schedules, you would see Alcoa plays a better 6A schexule than most 6A schools! Maryville, Blackman, DB???

7 minutes ago, MadHatter1 said:

Bro dont even act like everything is on the up and up... No team on any level anywhere produces that many championships. Its a broke system. Alcoa takes advantage of the rules to stay in 3a. No matter what you say the whole rest of the state knows. Its not all home grown talent everyone see all the transfers every  year.  There is nothing special or great in Alcoa only they manipulate the system better than anyone. 

I believe Alcoa has several things going for them. 1) Coaching: They have a great coach that understands the importance of a great staff and knows how to build a program. 2) Community Support: Alcoa has an excellent youth football program and middle school programs that coordinate with the high school program (these kids have played together forever). 3) History: When you have the history that Alcoa has kids want to play there, they want to win a ring. So, of course you will have good athletes transferring in from other areas. 

They may not be all homegrown, but, I guarantee you that they would be fine if they played with just local talent. I think it adds to their competitiveness but only marginally.