ALCOA vs AUSTIN EAST

BCsportsfan

7 hours ago, 00Chargers said:

I believe Alcoa has several things going for them. 1) Coaching: They have a great coach that understands the importance of a great staff and knows how to build a program. 2) Community Support: Alcoa has an excellent youth football program and middle school programs that coordinate with the high school program (these kids have played together forever). 3) History: When you have the history that Alcoa has kids want to play there, they want to win a ring. So, of course you will have good athletes transferring in from other areas. 

They may not be all homegrown, but, I guarantee you that they would be fine if they played with just local talent. I think it adds to their competitiveness but only marginally.   

This!:thumb:

8 hours ago, MadHatter1 said:

Bro dont even act like everything is on the up and up... No team on any level anywhere produces that many championships. Its a broke system. Alcoa takes advantage of the rules to stay in 3a. No matter what you say the whole rest of the state knows. Its not all home grown talent everyone see all the transfers every  year.  There is nothing special or great in Alcoa only they manipulate the system better than anyone. 

I understand what your saying but the man won at Riverdale without all that. Alcoa Is just a top two team in any class.

54 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

I understand what your saying but the man won at Riverdale without all that. Alcoa Is just a top two team in any class.

He won at riverdale till they went zone lol. Then he moved to Alcoa. I know cookeville kids that went to play for him at riverdale. There dad just happened to get a job there. 

Edited by MadHatter1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, MadHatter1 said:

He won at riverdale till they went zone lol. Then he moved to Alcoa. I know cookeville kids that went to play for him at riverdale. There dad just happened to get a job there. 

Eric Locke, my cousin (Ronnie Chambers) coached at Cookeville around that time and had sons who played on those Cookeville squads back then. If I'm not mistaken one is your OC.

As far as recruiting, I hate to burst your bubble there but it's fake news. We (Maryville) hear that same crap every year too.... If anything, we've traded players between each other more times than I can count over the years for the simple fact the schools are 5 miles apart. I was a Maryville kid K-12 and most of those Alcoa kids are the same, but there was a time I almost ended up at Alcoa simply because we moved 2 miles across town from East Maryville. 

Now do both schools get a few kids from out of the area every so often? Sure, but it's not like it's some massive number of kids or even some superstar athlete getting a job at the Nissan plant in Murfreesboro..... That's probably why Rankin chose to come here in the first place. He essentially plays against teams in his classification worse than the JV squad and doesn't have to worry about bringing kids in like , he had to at Riverdale. Alcoa was already established waaaaaay before Rankin got here and if I'm not mistaken they're the only public school (besides us) that has 4 different head coaches win state championships.

Edited by JSamson7

4 hours ago, JSamson7 said:

Eric Locke, my cousin (Ronnie Chambers) coached at Cookeville around that time and had sons who played on those Cookeville squads back then. If I'm not mistaken one is your OC.

As far as recruiting, I hate to burst your bubble there but it's fake news. We (Maryville) hear that same crap every year too.... If anything, we've traded players between each other more times than I can count over the years for the simple fact the schools are 5 miles apart. I was a Maryville kid K-12 and most of those Alcoa kids are the same, but there was a time I almost ended up at Alcoa simply because we moved 2 miles across town from East Maryville. 

Now do both schools get a few kids from out of the area every so often? Sure, but it's not like it's some massive number of kids or even some superstar athlete getting a job at the Nissan plant in Murfreesboro..... That's probably why Rankin chose to come here in the first place. He essentially plays against teams in his classification worse than the JV squad and doesn't have to worry about bringing kids in like , he had to at Riverdale. Alcoa was already established waaaaaay before Rankin got here and if I'm not mistaken they're the only public school (besides us) that has 4 different head coaches win state championships.

Correct! Alcoa and Maryville have Championships from the 70's,80's,90's & 2000's. Also, in the last couple of years schools within 20miles have won 1A, 3A, 5A & 6A. If Alcoa "Recruits" all the area talent how is a school 5 miles away still winning?......if Alcoa and Maryville is "stealing " talent from Knoxville how is Knoxville schools winning Championships?  Don't forget Green Back is in our backyard.  That 1A team would run the table again Cumberland teams!:thumb:

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Correct! Alcoa and Maryville have Championships from the 70's,80's,90's & 2000's. Also, in the last couple of years schools within 20miles have won 1A, 3A, 5A & 6A. If Alcoa "Recruits" all the area talent how is a school 5 miles away still winning?......if Alcoa and Maryville is "stealing " talent from Knoxville how is Knoxville schools winning Championships?  Don't forget Green Back is in our backyard.  That 1A team would run the table again Cumberland teams!:thumb:

0-2 1a Greenback can beat cookeville? Do you even watch football?

19 hours ago, harley04 said:

Where is 32hammer :mrgreen:

nice to be missed my friend. lol.

Not as involved as I was due to several reason, I'm competing more now, my son graduated, family health care,  etc. 

Proud of the Tornadoes. They played without two All State players and were still dominant.

I thought AE only crossed the 50 once after a 15 yd penalty. 

We still might meet AE in the 3rd round. 

As far as our players, if I'm not mistaken Alcoa has had 5 NFL players and all 5 we're born and raised in Blount county. But certainly some people want to move their kids to Alcoa for various reasons, coaching, community support, academics etc.

I think I've touched on most of the topics on this thread in case I don't make it back for a while. LOL

Hope I'm free for the GP game, if so I look forward to catching up with you.

Edited by 32hammer
spelling

9 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Correct! Alcoa and Maryville have Championships from the 70's,80's,90's & 2000's. Also, in the last couple of years schools within 20miles have won 1A, 3A, 5A & 6A. If Alcoa "Recruits" all the area talent how is a school 5 miles away still winning?......if Alcoa and Maryville is "stealing " talent from Knoxville how is Knoxville schools winning Championships?  Don't forget Green Back is in our backyard. 

Whole lotta truth in this post