Region Title? TC vs Watertown

tcjacket13

9 hours ago, H2Oman said:

But a couple post above a TC poster stated you weren’t running from Alcoa, but a couple of private schools... I’m confused.

Again... it seems like you guys need to take a look in the mirror before you start casting stones!

As I stated earlier, Alcoa was not a factor in the move up 2001-2004. That’s a fact. Alcoa had won one state championship in the previous 10 years.

The 90’s were littered with private school state championships at a disproportionate rate relative to the public schools. In 2A alone privates, Goodpasture, Lipscomb and Webb had won four of the previous seven state championships. This brought about a blowback from public school programs that were successful enough to make it to the playoffs or were in regions with the privates. Satterfield and Rankin were only two of many head coaches that led a fight to have a level playing field in Tennessee high school football. 

So, if you want to call it “scared” of the privates I guess you can. That’s what the privates said too. I call it wanting equitable rules for your kids. So if you want to be on the side of the privates, go ahead. A lot of people fought a good fight so you don’t have to compete with all star teams on a yearly basis. I think you should just say “thank you” to those coaches and move along.  

Edited by Sidelinehustler
  • Like 1

Game Day!

TC Run, you say? Yes we did. We started in 1922, then again in '72, and '90, '93, '97, '98, '05, '08, '09, & '13 for Gold and '73, '74, '75 & '18 for Silver. Oh wait..... you refuse to discuss the past! You just want to talk now...

But yet you have repeatedly posted on events that happened almost 20 years ago. So which is it...past or present with you guys?

As for your reference, it's completely unfounded. I thought you guys were smarter than that as you claim. As @TCRadio said and beat me to it, the Alcoa we were as you say "running" from was a 5 time state champion when this all took place, TC at that time was 6 time (5 with the current system). The whole running argument is comical. It's already on the record that Clint Satterfield pushed for a public / private split. At that time, our enrollment numbers pushed us out of 1A. We had the option of playing the ABC schools of Nashville in region play, or we could go up another div. and play in a local region with historic rivals (Macon, Smith, Portland (who at the time was a force to be reckon with), DeKalb, Cannon, Jackson, Upperman, & York). So to say we were "Running", is my friend the "Fake News". The teams we had at that time werent too shabby making the semi-finals the first 2 years and multiple rounds each of the 4. To say we wouldn't have done the same in 2A I would say is a misconception but you are entitled to your own opinion as am I and the world will never know. 

So now on to match-up number 80 between these 2 schools! Looking forward too it and safe travels to any and all who were able to get a ticket. I hope this is another great game like the last 4 have been but only time will tell! 

Edited by BCB~MVP
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, 1time4thepeople said:

And you will get SMACKED every year by South Pitt. So what are you really saying 

You need to educate yourself on TC/South Pitt's rival.  We have played them many times...Usually the winner goes on to win the Ship.  We won a few and lost a few.....BUT you aren't beating Alcoa even if you join with every school in Wilson County! FACTS!

Just now, biggest said:

Yall was so eager to tell us how many was out at the start of the week! Now you quite. Is it fear? 3 peat region champs tonight 

Well the number has actually went up...so we don't want to say how many...but the tide has shifted a little.  Can't tell all of the secrets, but come get some of that Creek water tonight and see what I mean.